LaptopVideo2Go Forums

More details for XP (for example during Login/Logoff)

®®®

There is a setting i saw over in the nLite application which enables XP shopwing more details during logon and logoff. Anybody can tell me where/which value has to be altered in registry to enable it? It works pretty well.

Found the solution today. Might be interesting for troubleshooting reasons, for example extreme logon time or the like.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...entry/91526.asp

Windows 2000 needs a different .REG file header (REGEDIT4).

XP would be like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]
"VerboseStatus"=dword:00000001

Do you have any screenshot or something of it ?

atm I was creating an unnatended xp cd, so maybe I will add this function to my cd! ;-)

or is it the same as if you boot in safemode ?

jeroen.

VerboseStatus gives you more details in the moment after you put in your login name and passwort to authorize to XP. If the details appear, probably depends on your login screen look Classic or New (with Welcome Screen). Here with Classic it shows more details :)

/SOS is the only switch you need for Boot.ini to have details during Boot process. Add it to the default Boot.ini

• 1 month later...

Here's another one for more details in XP. Put this in your RUN box to let windows xp show you errors when double click the network icon in the tray :)

reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Connections\StatMon" /v ShowLanErrors /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f