LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cleaning up!

Guest DynabookG8/U25PDDW

Guest DynabookG8/U25PDDW

Hi there, I am having trouble with my laptop at the moment. The temperature of the laptop seems to be very hot even when the CPU is not being intensely used. The laptop gets extremely hot after being used for a couple of hours. Sometimes the computer shut itself down without notice and I couldn't turn it on for at least half an hour.

I asked around and they all say that I need to clean up the heat sink and the fan. However, as much as I would like to do that, I do not know how to do it and I do not wish to send it over to toshiba cause they will charge me a fortune for just cleaning the laptop. Does anyone know what I should do???

Also, does upgrading parts affect the temperature at all?? I upgraded this laptop to 1GB RAM and i put in another 80GB harddrive so it has 160GB of total memory at the moment. Do they have any effect on the cooling speed at all??? Thanks so much for reading this, I really need help on this. Cheers

1GB RAM = tiny increase in temperature

double HDs = normal increase of temp

Upgrade of parts should be no problem generally.

Here's a good story of what really affects system performance and why cleaning fans in the innard of Laptop is really important: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....&showtopic=8782

Laptop service manuals:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8283