LaptopVideo2Go Forums

61.12 Issues

mobilenvidia

Guest Ferdik

I tried both 61.11 and 61.12 driver on my Toshiba Satelite P15 S479 games seems to work fine but it gives some overlay problems i guess. The problem is when playing any kind of video they are playing very slow like i m watching online! and even freezing a bit. I installed the 60.80 (which gave a few fps higher than others) and previous which worked perfect on games and video playbacks i havent tried the nview options yet. here is all i can say.

Guest Ferdik

By the way thank you guys all you out there sharing information with everyone... I was keep checking driver updates in toshibas web site and it doesnt give a s*** since 2 months (thats when i bought my second laptop :) )...

once again thanks again for everyone who helps and share information here...

may the power be with you!

Hey all,

I am going to take a shot with the 61.12 drivers and we'll see what happens. Personally, I heard an nvidia card was tested with a new driver set called 65.xx ME WANT COOKI... uh wait, I mean DRIVER!

:) :P :)

That icon has nothing to do with nView (it doesn't have one) the icon is for Display properties rather a handy function I thought.

Yes I remember your advice, but I mod my INFs for functionality, but nVidia have forced my hand with non-working functions.

But all advice is greatly received, as I by almeans know not 1/2 as much as I would like about Forceware.

Anyway with the little icon nview can be enabled with just one right click. (61.11 and 61.12 not recommended)

Pieter.

@Pieter:

Just installed 60.60, once with original nvdm.inf and once with your 20.55.

* Both inf's: standby fix ok, lid closure ok

* Nvdm.inf: cpu 52°C, gpu 57°C, wifi working.

* Your 20.55: cpu 52°C, gpu 63°C, wifi not working!

I'll keep running nvdm.inf for a while and see if it locks up somewhere.

Something must be causing this. I can't compare both inf's in Araxis Merge, they are totally different. You're in a better position to compare them :)

oVan

Edit: looks like I've quoted the wrong message. It should have been one earlier in this thread, it was about 60.60. Sorry about that!

This nighshift i tried 61.12 and can confirm the Notepad issue Pieter reported. If you enable nView (which i have normally disabled) in the DesktopManagment tab Notepad fails. If you disable nView everything is fine.

I always used to be a old-schooler, so i still stick with v52.16 :) (i know some people are more odd than others).

Personally i also like the "rightclick desktop option" NV Digital Flat Panel. Lower driveeer versions also have this feature, it would be interesting to find out which reg setting causes this to appear, searched but did not found anything "suspicious" :)

Edited by dontknow

Singing the tunes eh dontknow? :)

* Nvdm.inf: cpu 52°C, gpu 57°C, wifi working.

* Your 20.55: cpu 52°C, gpu 63°C, wifi not working!

Why are video INFs drivers affecting WiFi ? Just because the antenna is wrapped around the LCD panel.

I wonder which setting has affect on this ?

Pieter.

i remember a setting in BIOS of Desktop systems which cause some kind of elektromagnetic "radiation" (dont know the right translated word):

SpreadSpectrum

i remember a setting in BIOS of Desktop systems which cause some kind of elektromagnetic "radiation" (dont know the right translated word):

SpreadSpectrum

You have the word correct dontknow except I thought this only affects overclocked systems?

I love the 61.12. I had the notepad issue, but dissapeared with the mod .inf that came out with 61.12 (now i know its becouse the nview desktop manager is disabled. what exactly does this thing do? ive always turned it off). Ive had this drver set fix quite a few issues. Infact, UT2k4 was unplayable with 56.72 and 56.82 (due to a lag/freez issue every 10 seconds or so), and it really helped take care of these issues. its smooth sailing with 61.12 for me

nview desktop manager is disabled. what exactly does this thing do?
Just enable it and have a look at the vast amount of options you get with nView. It gives you the ability to have "virtual desktops" (created by nView extension DLL) on external/additional CRT/LCDs/TVs.

Lots to play with, but only the Almighty one knows, how many users in real life really use these features.

WiFi / SPREADSPECTRUM:

I just had a look at some old OEM INFs and guess what: There is a setting which is called SpreadSpectrumFactoring in HKR with different values.

And now? This setting is neither included in 60.60 nvdm.inf nor enabled in Pieters inf anymore???

Just an update to this issue:

I'm running 2 days on 45.84 now, and _all_ problems are solved with this one:

* Perfect WiFi (I'm enjoying 48mbps on my terrace while I'm typing this)

* Heat problems: gpu is 58°C in full sun. Last thing I saw with 60-series was 69°C and rising...

* No (dell) lid closure problem

* No hibernation problems

* No standby problems

Only drawback from this old driver is (subjective) slower 2D-performance, i.e. regular office use. I don't use 3D on this machine, so can't compare that.

But it's such a relief to find a decent driver for this combo that I'll stick to it for a while. I'm not trying 60-odd before someone confirms the improvements :)

Thanks everyone!

ps: You can move this message to a better thread if it is of any use to someone.

oVan

Include your system specs and post it in the "Report here which driver works on ypur laptop" sticky topic.

With the new forum feature it should be easy for people to search topic i.e. for D800 and find your post :)

enjoy your working config.

@dontknow:

I've added it to that topic. However, there's a previous entry from me that I'm not able to remove as I wasn't a member yet. Can someone remove the first one? It had driver 60.72 as reference.

Tnx!

___

done

Edited by dontknow

nview desktop manager is disabled. what exactly does this thing do?
Just enable it and have a look at the vast amount of options you get with nView. It gives you the ability to have "virtual desktops" (created by nView extension DLL) on external/additional CRT/LCDs/TVs.

Lots to play with, but only the Almighty one knows, how many users in real life really use these features.

WiFi / SPREADSPECTRUM:

I just had a look at some old OEM INFs and guess what: There is a setting which is called SpreadSpectrumFactoring in HKR with different values.

And now? This setting is neither included in 60.60 nvdm.inf nor enabled in Pieters inf anymore???

Even I don't use NView Desktop Manager. Pieter enabled it for some reason. All I needed was the clone display mode so that I can output on my Plasma display as well but the problem is that the LCD is at 1600x1200 and the Plasma is at 1024x768 so the Plasma scrolls in all directions unless there was a way to scale down the 1600x1200 image so that it fits 1024x768. :)

I enabled nView because it was there, juts like Hillary climbed Mt Everest.

Now nidia have broken Nview desktop manger (Notepad problem and others) I've disabled it, and will leave it this way from now on.

SpreadSpectrumFactoring is normally associated with radiation emission (electrical)

Would the radiation emitted by the LCD panel interfere woth WIFI and the SpreadSpectrumFactoring cancels out the emissions ?

Must do some more research on this.

Pieter.

I enabled nView because it was there, juts like Hillary climbed Mt Everest.
No problem here with me :P . Only one click (ENABLE button) then i could use it again, if i want to play with nview. But like i said there are so much unnecessary features like the PopupManager, Activate Windows under mouse (who uses that?!, could also be done with TweakUI), NVKeystone, make windows minimize faster (also TweakUI), make windows transparent when dragging (TweakUI or XP) and an unmanagageable amount of keyboard shortcuts and mouse gestures, i would need to take a training course to use and remember them all :)
Would the radiation emitted by the LCD panel interfere both WIFI and the SpreadSpectrumFactoring cancels out the emissions ?

Do a google search, leave out the copy and pasted information on certain websites, and you get some rare information about that. Mainly if enabled (which should only be done if problems arise when disabled) by 0,5% or 1,0 % this setting "flattens the waves" of sth. to not interfere with sth. else. I forgot :) .

In 99.% of all BIOS it's disabled by default.

Nevertheless it sound reasonable that on certain laptops/GPUs and how they are build this setting is enabled by OEMs (see here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....findpost&p=5455 ). But it's hard to guess why. Maybe like you wrote the "emission of some waves" is interfering with the WiFi? But that are rumors as long as somebody has tested it or we get "insider" information.