LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for go5700 128MB?

Guest Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have a toshiba qosmio f15 av 201. i have a big problem with nvidia geforce fx go5700 and directx. when i run media center, screen turns to black and nothing display. also when i run any directx needed games the same problem occures. if i turn of hardware acceleration media center start(on blue screen and i can see ) but nothing running that needs directx. my direct is version is directx 9c. i can't uninstall directx. i reinstall everything(windows too) but nothing changes.

i need your help...how can i fix this problem? my display card and directx can't run properly...

What drivers are you running on your graphics card?

• 4 weeks later...
What drivers are you running on your graphics card?

I have a Toshiba P25-S520 w/ Go 5200. I play CounterStrike source and my FPS just sucks! Any recommendations? I read the 5 pages on the go 5600 issue but did not see anything on the go 5200 card.

COHO

I have a 5700 with 128 and I am using version 82.12 with the standard modified inf. Try that version and see if it helps. If you are interested in more performance, try the performance inf.

To Coho:

Go here or click the driver recommend link in my signiture.

Try the 81.98 driver but instead of using the INF linked go to Teraphy's enhancer page and select the appropriate black bar fix for your screen, I suspect you will have it.

To Coho:

Go here or click the driver recommend link in my signiture.

Try the 81.98 driver but instead of using the INF linked go to Teraphy's enhancer page and select the appropriate black bar fix for your screen, I suspect you will have it.

What do you mean by black bar fix?

COHO

Have you ever installed a driver from here and they have a black bar or something appear on your laptop's LCD screen? (screen distortion)

If you get the black bar with the moddified INF you will need to get a fixed one from Teraphy's enhancer page.

Otherwise your good to go, just use the links in my recommend topic and your set.

Many Toshiba users have that problem, so had to make sure I covered it.

Have you ever installed a driver from here and they have a black bar or something appear on your laptop's LCD screen? (screen distortion)

If you get the black bar with the moddified INF you will need to get a fixed one from Teraphy's enhancer page.

Otherwise your good to go, just use the links in my recommend topic and your set.

Many Toshiba users have that problem, so had to make sure I covered it.

Thanks for your time helping. Want to make sure I have this correct:

1. Do I have to uninstall my driver before adding this new file.

2. Do I have to add the inf file and if so I can't download it. When I select inf file it comes up as all text and not as a file.

3. I have a go 5200 and not a go 5700 does this matter?

COHO

Thanks for your time helping. Want to make sure I have this correct:

1. Do I have to uninstall my driver before adding this new file.

2. Do I have to add the inf file and if so I can't download it. When I select inf file it comes up as all text and not as a file.

3. I have a go 5200 and not a go 5700 does this matter?

COHO

OK I now know to unistall current driver. Also that the forceware works regardless of model numer mentioned above.

What I need to know is how do I download the inf file? Can someone explain how to install that file?

COHO

You just right click save as and download the INF file.

Then after downloading and unzipping the driver into a folder, you put the modded INF in there and replace the one already in the driver.

Then you go to the device manager and install from there.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Watch the divx movie if your confused on actually installing it.

• 2 weeks later...
You just right click save as and download the INF file.

Then after downloading and unzipping the driver into a folder, you put the modded INF in there and replace the one already in the driver.

Then you go to the device manager and install from there.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Watch the divx movie if your confused on actually installing it.

The driver worked! My FPS has increased! Not what it used to be, but it increased!

Thanks!

COHO

Your welcome, glad I could be of service. :)

Now you can click the paypall link in my sig to donate or send Mobilenvidia some free Beer. :)

With our older cards the newer drivers will probably only be slower sadly.