LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My dear GF2go.

Guest Melhisedek

Guest Melhisedek

Hi mates,

I stumbled accross this site a few days ago when my main colapssed and I had to steal my old laptop from my brother. Than I saw how it was outdated with drivers and all. I ended installing latest Omegas on it ( I beleive they are based on 53.03 drivers ) and my brother is pretty happy with them, but being perfectionist like I am I need to know what you guys think =)

I have read that fastest drivers are 40 series, but I'm not into speed that much :) I need quality. Thats why I installed Omegas =)

So what do you guys think? If 40 series are on par with Omegas in quality + faster I'll install them, but if Omegas rule in quality than I'll settle with them =)

BTW this guy StarStorm I've heard about him but never looked it up really so would you guys recomend those perhaps ?

Also I read that you guys can read temps on ypur CPU +GPUs I'm almost positive that I cant do the same with my GPU but doesnt hurt to ask =) So what programs do you guys use and anyone know if I'll be able to use them my self. (speed fan locks up my laptop )

Inspiron 8100

P3 1GHz

GF2Go

Win XP+SP1

DX9.0b

Thank you for your time guys!

Welcome GF2goer,

No temps on a GF2go that came later.

Goto my Modify INF page on top is a link to my older INFs in here are perfomance specs for my GF2go.

Have a look here and decide what might be best for you.

Experiment with the drivers and find the best for you.

Enjoy,

Pieter

speed fan locks up my laptop

There is checkbox to enable support for DELL Laptops.

Guest Guest

Man thats great info on that page!

But I'm more into IQ than speed. And I have heard about this IQ problems Nvidia had over the past months so that is what troubles me. I wouldnt like speed at cost of IQ and you guys probably know everything about it and what drivers are better and what are worse on that field. Dont get me wrong but I'm really not into NV drivers since I swaped my Ti 4200 for a 9700 Pro. I'm not flaming or anything I'm just ignorant guy that wants his laptop to play games with best IQ =)

But if anyone here knows that there is no visual difference between official, Omegas and StarStorm guys drivers than I'll proceede and continue my quest for speed =)

And about monitoring CPU temps this time... Will I be able to monitor those with any software ?

Thanks again for your time guys!