LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What driver do I need?

Guest Sylcat

Hello all. It's likely that I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what driver I need at all. I'm just trying to update because I've been having some crashes with some software and games I use often. (I get some really weird distorted screens from space, then my laptop reboots itself)

My laptop has a GeForce Go 6600

I think the laptop was a custom build, it is running an Intel inside Pentium M chip, Windows XP Pro with Service pack 2 on it.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I would be most greatful.

Hi,

you should use driver v81.98 with the correspondating inf! (see driver section)

then test it out, and if you still have those weird things, let us know!

Those things look like overheating to me! Does your laptop gets got ? If yes, make something that your laptop is a bit reased from the desk :)

Hi,

you should use driver v81.98 with the correspondating inf! (see driver section)

then test it out, and if you still have those weird things, let us know!

Those things look like overheating to me! Does your laptop gets got ? If yes, make something that your laptop is a bit reased from the desk :)

I installed the suggested driver, and also had my laptop lifted to prvent any overheating, and it still locks up. The program I am using works fine for about 3 or four minutes, then my mouse locks up, and the screen turns into these weird blue lines everywhere. I have tried reinstalling the probgram, reinstalling direct x...

any help? I am going crazy :)

What program are you using ?

really looks like overheating! I shouldn't directly know what to do, but there are different "heat-guys" here that can help you :)

What program are you using ?

really looks like overheating! I shouldn't directly know what to do, but there are different "heat-guys" here that can help you :)

I have tried many different solutions, but nothing has worked.

The program I am using is called Secondl Life

www.secondlife.com

I run other 3d programs and they seem to work well

Please help? Would overclocking aid me?