LaptopVideo2Go Forums

EVGA 6600 GT PCI Express Help

Guest John

Hi everyone,

I just bought this card, EVGA 6600 GT, and a new SONY Pentium 4 Desktop 640. After installing this video card, my system is running a lot slower than the integrated Intel Graphics. I have replaced the power supply (300) with my new one (ULTRA X-Infinity 500W). What might be the problem. Is this video card fast or slow? For example, if you press the right button of your mouse, the message pops up very slowly, even in game too.

Help,

Thanks,

John

Sony could have put a crap MOBO in there....

Anyway try the 81.98 drivers from nvidia's site (or here without mod INF)

That should work just fine.

Is your hardware acceleration turned up? (near the nvidia control panel, in one of the tabs instead of clicking on GF 6600)

Have you removed all traces of drivers from the integrated?

Sony could have put a crap MOBO in there....

Anyway try the 81.98 drivers from nvidia's site (or here without mod INF)

That should work just fine.

Is your hardware acceleration turned up? (near the nvidia control panel, in one of the tabs instead of clicking on GF 6600)

Have you removed all traces of drivers from the integrated?

No, I didn't uninstall the drivers of the Intel integrated graphics. Here is what I did. First, I disabled the Intel graphics, and then install the software that comes with the video card. It works fine, except that it runs so slow. Then, I downloaded the new driver from evga.com. The problem still exists. What should I do?

Uninstall all old graphic drivers , reboot , then start over agian