LaptopVideo2Go Forums

54.01 - 20.55 INF ???What is going on???

Tenstrum

Hey guys:

I'm getting wierdness again. I've installed the 54.01 w/20.55 INF with no problems, however, my nv4_disp.dll is saying version 6.14.10.4591 again like it did whenever I installed the 61.11 drivers and INF. What is going on??? Am i running 45.91 or 54.01??

I hae a screen capture here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....topic=202&st=75

uninstall old driver, reboot, install with setup.exe or "Have Disk method", reboot (!), run dxdiag and post result.

you've 4591 installed.

you've must do something wrong when installing the new driver. dontknow what.

I'm not do anything wrong that I know of. 52.16 shows up just fine. With anything beyond that driver, I either get the black bar or my driver is reported as the 45.91. I'm not doing anything different than when I installed 52.16 and I've tried every conceivable way to install the drivers. I think its the INF that is causing it to be detected as the 45xx series instead of the 5xxx or 6xxx.

I'm not complaing, I'm just trying to get some answers and to help and provide some feedback.

Is the driver updating at all ?

Did 45.91 come with the Machine or is the the last driver update that Windows driver updater (the online one) found.

Make sure that 'Driver Signing' is turned off in 'System Properties', 'Hardware', 'Device Manager'

Or drivers have a habbit of rolling back to last know signed one.

I hope this helps, as your situation is odd.

Pieter.

28.46 was the last official driver that Toshiba made.

Driver signing is turned off.

This is only happening with drivers above 52.16. I either get the black bar (using the 20.xx inf, but the correct driver version is listed) or I get 45.91 driver version listed (using 11.66 inf).

Then you must delete the old INFs from previous driver version in %WINDIR%\inf.

Notice also the OEM*.infs as they are renamed infs of old installed hardware. Don't forget to delete the Nvidia OEM.infs (you have to open them all and look for NV).