LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v87.15 Vista 32bit | NV

mobilenvidia

Guest ZaForD

Hi Spyro,

Theres no nview tab for the "6200 w/TC (WDDM)" driver, just the standard Microsoft one.

Which shows the Int. monitor as 1 and the Ext. as 2, i haven't been able to change them.

To find the driver, choose "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer"

Then unclick "Show compatible hardware" in the list below under NVIDIA, you'll a number of 6x00 drivers.

The 6200 w/TC (WDDM) works best for me, probably something to do with the TurboCache.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Chris Wheeler

• Bill

• ErikTheRed

My Solution:

Install by choosing "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer", select the corresponding Desktop-Driver and restart.

Press F8 at the begining and select "Enable VGA Mode". It will boot into Windows with full WDM and correct resolution. This has to be done only once. At the next reboot WDM and the Laptop-Screen are still enabled :)

Hope this will help you, too.

My Card: Geforce Go 7800

-=Seppi2k=-

Guest Guest
My Solution:

Install by choosing "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer", select the corresponding Desktop-Driver and restart.

Press F8 at the begining and select "Enable VGA Mode". It will boot into Windows with full WDM and correct resolution. This has to be done only once. At the next reboot WDM and the Laptop-Screen are still enabled :)

-=Seppi2k=-

Hmm, didn't work for me (GeForce 6800 Go). Got the same "Code 43" in the device manager. There's a particular driver especially for the 7800 Go, maybe that's the reason why WDM works for you.

Thanks anyway.

spyro

Guest Guest
My Solution:

-=Seppi2k=-

I tried that with my GF Go 7800 GTX and no dice. I still get BSOD on bootup....

"Driver unloaded without canceling pending operations" nv4_mini.sys

Have a go with the new INF I've just uploaded.

Microsoft have changed where the Aero glass tweak goes with this build :)

So if you can get the driver to install but have no glass effect try installing again.

I doubt wether if you couldn't get the driver to install that will do so now :)

Guest Guest

So if you can get the driver to install but have no glass effect try installing again.

Does this fix the BSOD problem by any chance?

Ok, I tried this one and I'm still failing to install....

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers software for your device"

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered and error while attempting to install it"

I only get this problem when I try the 40.07 and .08 inf files from here. (doing a have disk install from device manager)

It probably won't, the tweak forces Glass on and some other effects.

But give it a try

Ok, I tried this one and I'm still failing to install....

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers software for your device"

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered and error while attempting to install it"

I only get this problem when I try the 40.07 and .08 inf files from here. (doing a have disk install from device manager)

Update.... I get the same thing regardless of selecting the Go card or the standard card. Don't understand what its not liking with these inf files.

Guest Guest

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store.

INF version 40.08 (on Windows Vista 64bit with 64bit driver)

Guest Guest
Hello Spyro

Have you resolve the FS specific error ??

I've got the same problem on a M3438G

++

I get the same error on my Sager. I can load the built in drivers, and my own custom mods (resulting in a BSOD on reboot..... but the inf from here always gets that error on install. I have a feeling we are screwed on this until Nvidia pulls their head out.

Guys have you tried playing any games on Vista ? How is the performance compared to Windows XP ?

On our old desktop, which runs VISTA desktop SLOW due to a lack of RAM, I ran the UT2004 demo and it ran pretty much just as fast as I would expect it to on XP. (no graphics glitches either)

Computer has old Williamette P4@2 GHz, 256MB RAMBUS expensive to upgrade slow RAM, and a GF3. I turned the graphics all the way up in the demo, and it ran at much higher than playable framerates, even on that one big level.

For an older computer running that game that good means its getting good speed there.

If you have VISTA and use it for more than just to see what it looks like I say go ahead and install the games!

Sooner or later I will install VISTA on this laptop's second HD and see about getting some of my games to run on it. (FEAR, UT2004, Doom3, HL2, ect.)

If I get on a roll I might make a list and take game recomendations from people, but I would say with the current beta assuming you get decent graphics card drivers your good to go from what I have seen.

If all of those work than it should run most everything XP does.

Guest GRiLLA
Hi Guys, I've been following this thread, trying to get my VAIO VGN-S5XP [Go 6400 w/TC] to use Aero.

And i thought i'd add some info, i've discovered by messing around with it:

1. OTB drivers [77.42] work, but no WDDM, on Int. or Ext. [LCD] monitor.

2. Modifed .inf [87.15] errors on install.

3. Forcing the "6200 w/TC (WDDM)" drivers to install, Black Screens the Int. monitor, but works with full WDDM on the Ext.

Could this mean the "Black Screen" problem has something to do with the Int. monitors ?

Not the GPU's or Drivers ?

I hope this info is of some help, and thanks for all your help and tips.

FYI I get exactly the same on a Vaio S5M.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hazridi

This set of drivers and the one downloadable from nvidia's site both work fine on 5342 for me, though I had to force the driver to install as a desktop card.

Aero glass is functioning and it's less choppy than the 6800 WDDM driver.

Dell 9300/GeForce 6800 Go

Guest Guest

I have the GeForce Go 7400 in my Sony SZ120P/B and it takes some of the other drivers I try. The problem that I am having is that the glass is working but it will not let me select the 1280 x 800 resolution. So it looks good but the start menu is off the screen.

What should I try next for this? I have 5308 installed.

Thanks

Jeff K

Guest Whoken

Just for info;

Been playing with vista for a while now, finaly got aero glass working with all the eye candy.

Driver 87.15 stock INF vista build 5342 x86

Computer specs:

Toshiba Satellite P20

P4 HT 3.4 Desktop processor

1 gig ram

NVidia FX5700 64MB

Installed using the have disk route selected my card (FX5700) installed without errors, rebooted alls fine so far.