LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with 61.12 w/standby

Guest Bill

Guest Bill

On my toshiba p25-s5093,

32MB GeforceFX Go5200

P4 3.0GHz

512MB ram

I have always had this strange problem when my lcd shuts off I can't bring it back on. i.e. when u have the shut off monitor after x minutes enabled in power management, so i decided to try this standby fix version or 61.12. Now my when I close the screen of my laptop instead of hibernating like it used, it goes to standby?? wierd. I checked my settings hibernation is enabled and closing lid is set to hibernate.

That's probably because the inf file mapped it to standby state (Maposd3toNV), most people use either "do nothing" or "standby" for lid closure.

You can set your power button to perform Hibernation, which is what I prefer. If you really want it off, then hold the power button for 10 seconds, otherwise a single push will initiate hybernation.

oVan

The standy fix is supposed to set the MapOSD3ToNV = 3. Which may or may not be a fix for your card/laptop. Not all combinations require this value to be set.

The attached file will tell you what states work and allows you to test them.

sleeper.zip