LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista Feb CTP Nvidia Driver Idea

Hawk

Hi everyone, today I was poking around in vista to see if I could get aero glass to work since the newest drivers don't work well I was able to get it to work using the built in desktop version drivers that are with vista, but while I was exploring around on the drive I came across the mobile gpu drivers in E:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dm.inf_f5fc553a in here is a nv_DM.inf file which has the WDDM drivers for some supported mobile gpus. From what I have been reading on the internet you need to use the WDDM drivers for Aero Glass to work properly. Well while I was poking around I decided to add my card to the list in here and everything seems to work now, but I do not have as much experience at modding infs as some of you guys do so I thought I should ask I have attached the inf file that I did to this post but this only has the stuff for my card added. I looked at one of the infs here and added my card to the list. I guess the thing figure out to do is to add the nvidia tab to the display settings and make sure everything is added that needs to be added.

I am sorry if someone else has posted something like this but this is how I got aero glass to work for me.

Brian

nv_DM.inf

Guest Pistenko

I tried it myself and added the strings for my 6600 GO. Driver wouldnt install. Comes up with an error. Both 85.05 and 87.15 works (later forcing a standard 6600 install).

I tried it myself and added the strings for my 6600 GO. Driver wouldnt install. Comes up with an error. Both 85.05 and 87.15 works (later forcing a standard 6600 install).

hmm... I origionaly had the 5700 desktop driver installed then found these and switched hmm maybe aero glass never disabled. I will look at the infs for the desktop drivers and the mobile ones and see compare them. see if it somewhere enables glass to work.

So what card did you add Hawk? (btw welcome to the forum)

I'll send you something if I can get my Quadro4 go to work with Aero glass this way... :)

Edit: Nevermind my card question I read the INF earlier.

I need to get more sleep and stop asking moronic questions... :)

;Added By Me

NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_0347.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5700 (WDDM Beta)"
NVIDIA_NV36.DEV_0348.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5700  (WDDM Beta)"

How is Vista compared to XP? Is the performance similar or slower?

How is Vista compared to XP? Is the performance similar or slower?

With this only being a beta it still has some bugs to be worked out I have had a few crashes, I have not used it for much besides testing to see if it works since I only gave it 10gb of my hard drive and i think the install took about 7 gb up. I really like the new media center which I noticed was faster at starting up than xp mce 2005. I think that it has the potential to be faster than xp or at least more stable in some aspects (when the apps crash it has a better crash recovery system in it, it never has taken windows and compleatly killed it in my case)