LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Keyboard Issue

Guest Howler

Guest Howler

I have this problem:

I am from Spain, and what happens is that althoug the 56.72 driver installs just fine with the modded inf v20.55, and works beautifully with everything in spanish on my Dell Latitude C.840 Laptop, the keyboard changes completely its configuration preventing me to use the special characters such as "@" etc. It seems that it configures a diferent language, but it doesn't let me change it, as in the keyboard configuration options it shows me that it is using the right one.

If I unninstall the driver and get back to the old version provided by Dell, the problem gets solved.

Anyone knows if there is a line I can add or moddify inside the modded INF that can solve this issue?

Thanks before hand.

Guest Gialdy

Tu windows, es en español?

Tal vez tengas que instalar la version de los drivers internacionales. Nunca habia escuchado de este problema. Yo no uso el teclado en español. Uso el teclado de US-International.

Pieter: the drivers we are using(60.1X), are they international or english versions?

v60.60, v60.72 & v61.11 is ENGLISH only

v60.80 & 61.12 is MultiLanguage

v56.72 is ENGLISH only (on our website/server). At the official NV site you can choose between MultiLanguage and English only.

But the driver has no influence on your keyboard and region setting setup.

It SHOULD (!) not have an influence. If it really has, than it would be interesting and the first time i heard of.

Edited by dontknow

Pieter does have the nView shortcut keys setup in the INF. Other than that there should be no keyboard issues.

That is very odd, a first for Modman.

The INF will work with both versions of the driver.

It will install international files if the international driver is used to install.

or just the English files if the English only driver is used.

BUT it shouldn't affect the keyboard, try the instalation with my latest INF.

This has nView disabled including all the other bit, like keystone.

Good luck,

Pieter.