LaptopVideo2Go Forums

installing new graphics card i5150 - how?

Guest MoMa

Hello again L Sudlow.

Several months back you posted the way to install a new graphics card for a dell i5150. I had a 32mb now i have a 64mb card. i looked on Dell but couldn't find the relevant info. Could you possibly post the detailled info again and maybe suggest the best drivers i should install for it.

Also - is there stuff I should remove before/ After I put in the new card so as everything runs smoothly?

As always your great knowledge and help is always appreciated.

Regards,

MoMa.

You can see the actual steps on the followng page:

Dell Inspiron 5150 Service Manual

You need to remove the Keyboard first, then follow the steps on the Video Card page.

There's no need to do anything else. I continue to recommend driver 67.66 for most i5150 users, unless you need a newer driver for a specific app or game.

Congratulations on the new card. I think you'll see a big difference!

:)

Thanks L, changing the card was pretty easy. The difference is great alright. Still have a bit of a lagg problem though after playing for an hour or so, but graphics much improved as has my K/D ratio :) What .in file would you recommend for this card? And can you direct me to the link to install the new inf file?

All i did was replace the video card, I installed nothing - is there something else i should do or install?

Cheers,

MoMa

Congratulations on the successful installation! :)

All that's left is to find the best driver and inf. My lastest customized inf is here, and I recommend using it with this driver.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Thanks for those L -

Sorry to be a pain in the arse - but how do I install the inf. file again?? also, should I 'remove' my nvidia drivers before installing the one that you are recommending?

Guest Guest
Congratulations on the successful installation! :)

All that's left is to find the best driver and inf. My lastest customized inf is here, and I recommend using it with this driver.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Hi L again -

A :) ctually worked it out. But get a good bit of lag with that driver, so gonna try the new updated one and use your inf. file. i'll let you know and thanks again for your help.

MoMa.