LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newbie help driver upgrade

Kevison

I have a dell D800 laptop with GeForce FX Go5650 video running version 6.14.10.6742. I need to upgrade but I am not sure what version of video driver to upgrade to. The nVidia site has 81.98 and I see 83.xx on this site. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2. I am very nervouse about upgrading the video driver but I keep getting messages that the 67.42 version I am using is out of date.

SO my questions is

what version do I need to upgrade to? where can I down load this?

Is there a link with instructions on upgrading video drivers?

Any help would be appreciate.

Thank you kindly!

Try either 81.98 with Pieter's mod INF, or the 82.10 driver using the Dell INF already present in it. (can even run installer)

Links and instruction links can be found by clicking the driver recommend link in my signiture.

Try either 81.98 with Pieter's mod INF, or the 82.10 driver using the Dell INF already present in it. (can even run installer)

Links and instruction links can be found by clicking the driver recommend link in my signiture.

Thank you I will give that a try!