LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell 5160 No 1600-1200

Guest Mr-Confused

Guest Mr-Confused

Hi,

I have a dell 5150, every since reinstalling os I have been unable to select a resolution higher than 1024 x 768, I only have 2 options available this or 800 x 600.

rg

The laptop has a UXGA Screen and previosly had varios resolutions available upto 1600 x 1200.

The motherboard on the machine has been replaced with a 5160 version running the latest bios from dell.

I have downloaded the latest nvidia driver from this site and used larrys latest inf, following the reccomened install proceedure and I am still unable to select anything bar the two fore mentioned resolutions.

I have attempted to set custom resolutions with the latest driver and this is not permitted either, does anyone have any clue to why my machine no longer allows me to select higher resolutions.

:)

Guest Guest

To update I edited larrys modded inf file (NV80 version) with the string ( found in enhancers section) that is supposed to allow samsung panels to display in 1600 1200 and still cant only select two resolutions. Im am running this modded inf in conjunction with the nvidia 84.12 driver.

I am also unsure if my laptops flat pannel is infact a samsung, I only have default and plug and play listings under monitors in my device manager. Is there anyway to confirm my precise monitor type ? Can I install a monitor driver that will allow me to selct higher reseloutions ?

:) Need to get higher resolution ASAP, as I play multi table poker and need as little overlap as possible.

try NERD in my signature and post the logfile.

Guest Guest
try NERD in my signature and post the logfile.

Thanks, I nerded and attached approriate file, worryingly while reading the log file, it says I have a 3.2 processor running at 1.8 MHZ Which seems a bit strange.

Hope the log has the problem hidden within, thanks for your help so far.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Your Laptop Screen is a CMO1502 which i have never seen before. CMO is the manufacturer followed by the model number. It's not in my list though & it's not listed at lcds4less.com, so guess what this LCD doesn't exist :P

Maybe "Chi Mei" OEM Display as DELL uses them. It obviously offers 1024x768 native resolution, so definetely a downgrade to your old trusty 1600x1200 (a classic nowadays :) ).

Try contacting DELL. Not only your motherboards has been replaced, they also changed LCD :)

Concerning the 1300 Mhz instaed of 3,2 GHz search for PowerManagment Options in your DELL's SystemBIOS (F2) or in Windows and check the settings.

Hope that helped.

Btw everything else looks fine on the first look.

Good luck. And report back with what happens.