LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Focus on Amilo M3438g problem - please help

thegreat1

This is a weird problem. I can't figure it out at all. After so long of using my lovely amilo m3438g (6800go256mb) the focus is lost on the screen, you can still see the screen but it goes into a type of soft focus.

I've disabled my windowblinds, i've even tried changing drivers. Nothing seems to work. I did install the nvidia stereo drivers, i will try to uninstall them as they didn't work anyway (tried to set it so that i could use my 3d glasses but it never worked. those were the 77.77 drivers)

Any help or advice would be useful since i have no clue what next to try short or formatting and re-installing everything. But who wwould want to do that if they can avoid it eh?

Anyway you clicked on the linnk so even if you can't help. then thanks for reading with good intentions anyway! :)

Did you change resolution (unintentionally)? Check this and revert back back to the original one.

Did you change resolution (unintentionally)? Check this and revert back back to the original one.

I'm quite sure i didn'nt change the resoloution and also that the machine has not changed resoloution. the focus is lost in an instant, it's not a gradual thing also by pressing the "FN" key in conjuction with the key that switches between onboard display and external display the screen goes off and when it comes back on it's back in focus again. Also whenever i load Azuerus it always goes out of focus for some unknown reason. Uninstalling the 3d drivers, did nothing. I'm at a loss as what to try next. :) Perhaps i should get some glasses matching the new focus :) *chuckles*

Also when it goes out of focus divx/xvid movies play one frame per second. or at least that is how it appears. And also i did a screen capture to see if the focus issue comes out in the screen capture and it does. when i reset the display and compare to a new screen capture you can see the fuzzyness in the image. I tried to upload but it asked for a url and i don't have webspace.

Another interesting note to this issue is that Azureus seems to be responsible in part. When i load the torrent client it goes out of focus, when i close it down it goes back to normal. i don't wish to simply uninstall this program so i'm stuck for what to try.

Isn't azareus running with Java? maybe updating Java JRE to v1.5.0_06 :)

Thanks for the reply. I currently have an uptodate version of the JRE also it's worth noting that the focus is lost straight after azureus loads....that is to say that after the "loading window" disappears is when the focus is lost.