LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TOSHiBA Tecra M5 - Quadro NVS 110M 128MB DDR2

®®®

Today TOSHiBA has released this new nVIDIA powered Laptop in Europe. It offers an Intel® Core® Duo T2500 2.00GHz, 2MB L2, 667MHz FSBProcessor, 1 GB PC5300 DDR2 (upgradeble to 4), nVIDIA® graphics (128bit PCI Express), a 120GB S-ATA standard performance 5400rpm HDD, and a DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) Burner. Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g) WiFi and Bluetooth v2.0 keeps you connected! Security wise it offers latest technology like a Fingerprint Sensor and TCPA/Trusted Computing Modul.

The display though offers a resolution of only 1024x768 pixels (XGA). Depending on the model and region the Tecra M5 is also sold with a T2300 or T2400 CPU and might come with less RAM, but bigger screen size (1400x1050) or a combination of these, which makes comparing for specifications and price a pain :)

A quick flash animation for visualization can be found HERE and might be a good start to convince the wife why to spend around ?3500,- :)

Ressources:

EUROPE:

Website / Specification PDF

US:

Website / Specification PDF

ASIA:

???

AUSTRALIA/NZ:

Website for T2300 / Specification PDF

Website for T2400 / Specification PDF

prod_tecraM5_300x300.jpg

Edited by ®®®

Info on Aus models here, here, and here. The T2500 model also features a 1400x1050 14" screen. I believe the screen can be optioned on in the US, no idea about Europe.

Have seen the T2500 unit in the flesh (one of our other staff is having a play with it) and they are a very sexy machine. The 1400x1050 is a little high for my liking, prefer the 15" 1400x on my S3.

Edit: Just found a very silly omission on the M5, no iRDA!!

Wow, very nice and simple if you ask me. I think they're trying to copy the ThinkPad series notebooks. The battery reminds me of just that.

I personally want to purchase a ThinkPad T60 relatively soon, but am upset because till this day, they do not offer an nVidia-flavored model :)

The only NV powererd ThinkPad i know is the old G30 or G40 series. It's rather old now.

Yep, I know, it's the G41 :)