LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help!

Guest Lobsterbak

Guest Lobsterbak

Hey all,

I have a new Gateway NX850XL with a GeForce Go 6800...The problem is, Im trying to get Battlefield Vietnam to run and everytime I open it, it closes right back down with no errors..so Im thinking its video card drivers..but everyother game (such as Call of Duty 2) run fine..So I was wondering if theres any recommendations you all might have? Im deploying to Iraq soon and was hoping to get these probs figured out!

Thanks! :)

Try looking for a BF folder in your my documents or something, deleting that should reset some settings.

Battlefield (atleast BF2 anyway) has given everybody so many problems with not running I kinda gave up on it.

Some people have tried everything on computers way above the system requirements and it never runs.

EA is just a bunch of morons who don't care about their customers.

What drivers are you currently using?

You could try 81.98 or wait for the official NV 84 driver whenever they release it, should be any day now.

You will of course need Pieter's mod INF.

If you are clueless on installing the drivers go here and click the driver install links up top for help.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8422

To use 81.98 just save as the red and green links to the right of the version number and unzip the driver, replace the INF, then run the installer or use the recommended have disk method.

Guest Lobsterbak
Try looking for a BF folder in your my documents or something, deleting that should reset some settings.

Battlefield (atleast BF2 anyway) has given everybody so many problems with not running I kinda gave up on it.

Some people have tried everything on computers way above the system requirements and it never runs.

EA is just a bunch of morons who don't care about their customers.

What drivers are you currently using?

You could try 81.98 or wait for the official NV 84 driver whenever they release it, should be any day now.

You will of course need Pieter's mod INF.

If you are clueless on installing the drivers go here and click the driver install links up top for help.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=8422

To use 81.98 just save as the red and green links to the right of the version number and unzip the driver, replace the INF, then run the installer or use the recommended have disk method.

I tried the drivers, it still didnt work. Theres no folder in My Docs for me to delete either :)

Is the game patched and up to date?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/e...li=&p_topview=1

That should link to a support article, can you find that file and open it in notepad and post the text here? (all of it, or just attach the file)

Also go ahead and check your refresh rate, from the right click desktop resolution menu hit advanced, then go to the monitor tab and set it to 60, could also check the refresh rate override menu in the nvidia control panel and set it to 60 for all resolutions. (or atleast 640x480, 800x600, whatever you plan to use in the game, ect)

Do you have DX9.0c installed?

Go to start>run>dxdiag and see if there are any problems listed in the files and DX tests.

Have a feeling the game is just crappy and doesn't like your modern graphics card, EA doesn't program these games very well.

You could also try setting fullscreen to 0 in that file (try to get the game to run windowed), or re-install the game.