LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best drivers for Dell I8100 GF2 Go

DeaconSix

Hi,

I have a friend (online gamer friend) who has the I8100 with the gf2 go. heh, as of yesterday, he was using OS installed generic drivers, after his reformat 2 weeks ago. poor guy, he just didnt know anybetter. I decided to help him eek out as much as he can from his machine. Obviously the most important thing he needs to do is get that GPU working for him.

First thing i did was identify his chipset as the 815, and had him install the intell chipset INF update utility

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...16&DwnldID=6934]intell chipset [/url]

Next thing i did was set him up witht he 56.72 FW's and pieters .inf.

My question is first and formost, anyone with the gf2 or the I8100 with the gf2 have opinions on the best and most stable driver/.inf for this system? I took a long look at pieters old benchmarking, but still coulndt really decide wich one would be the best/most stable drivers to put on the machine. It has been my experience that increases (especially small ones) in the futurmark benchmarking doesnt neccissarily reflect system performance/stability. infact, ive taken hits on 3dmark03 (by like 50-100 points) and had a major increase in game performance/system stability. anyway, some pointers would be much appreciated.

secondly, if there are any tips and tweeks that the pool of experience here might have for this card/system, i would pass those on as well.

as always, thanks

-D6

Guest Guest

if OS is Win2k/XP, I recommend 54.01 I've tried nearly all of them and this one seems to be fastest

if OS is 9x, use an 4x.xx series driver. I have found this series to be fastest on 9x OSs.

what .inf files do you use? i recall, maybe, that with the gf2go you could run the unmodded .inf files. have you attempted to use the modded .infs and compared them to the nvidia released .inf files?

thanks

-D6

44.68 is fast and stable, but old as you know.