LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba g25 what mxm type?

n4v1n

I need to to know what type of mxm it is becasue on the post that has the cards and the types, the go6600 128mb has both type 1 and 2. And also does anyone know if there is a dissassmbling guide for this notebook?

Disassembling: see FAQ pls.

The Service Manual he is looking for (Qosmio) is not available there.

Hi,

What makes you believe it is MXM? I was at the Toshiba boot at CEBIT yesterday, and this nice 'expert' denied they had anything MXM, including the Tecra S3 that I have assumed to be MXM to this date.

So, if you have more information, be sure to share it!

Ice-Tea

I bet the Tecra S3 sold at Toshiba NZ/Australia "has it" :) And Toshiba Europe doesn't. And Toshiba US is about to find out :) And then there's Toshiba China who develop MXM2

• 3 weeks later...

This tells me I have mxm:

HKLM,Software\"NVIDIACorporation"\Global\NVTweak,MXMThermalControl,%REG_DWORD%,1

came straight off of mxm-upgrade.

Qosmio G25-AV513 has MXM? Pretty interesting. Hven't checked the official specs @ Toshiba site... Can you post the NERD logfile. Might be interesting to see the specs of your baby.

Eh... I've got the same reg value on my S3... and i've not been able to find anything else definitive that it has MXM (if it is mxm - it's type 2).

Nerd and the mxm checker both deny there being mxm, which would make sense since they use the same code :)

I've seen an internal pic and it looks hellishly like an MXM-II card to me, but people do strange things.................... it has a locked VBIOS, so could mean it's not MXM, or it could just mean it's unable to return the correct version... either way i doubt i'll be finding out unless someone wants to send me a 7600 MXM-II card :)

edit: looks like the reg value is added with Pieters inf (it's not in the toshiba inf). If the OP has used one of the lv2go inf's - then that would explain the reg entry, and still leave it entirely possible that they do not have mxm.

Edited by mattman

Eh... I've got the same reg value on my S3... and i've not been able to find anything else definitive that it has MXM (if it is mxm - it's type 2).

Nerd and the mxm checker both deny there being mxm, which would make sense since they use the same code :)

I've seen an internal pic and it looks hellishly like an MXM-II card to me, but people do strange things.................... it has a locked VBIOS, so could mean it's not MXM, or it could just mean it's unable to return the correct version... either way i doubt i'll be finding out unless someone wants to send me a 7600 MXM-II card :P

edit: looks like the reg value is added with Pieters inf (it's not in the toshiba inf). If the OP has used one of the lv2go inf's - then that would explain the reg entry, and still leave it entirely possible that they do not have mxm.

I can confirm it's nowhere in the official drivers for either model.

Mattman,

Any chance of popping the hood? Take some pictures? Perhaps there's room enough to fir a Type III? I have a 6800 on order :)

I've got a couple of service manuals in PDF form here, If you want to pm me an email address I'll fire them through later on.

One gives a pretty good photo layout of the main board.... i'm pretty sure the GPU is on an MXM-II card...

HKLM,Software\"NVIDIACorporation"\Global\NVTweak,MXMThermalControl,%REG_DWORD%,1

My statement for MXM prediction over at mxm-upgrade.com ('Not in the list') can works safe only if you have a look in your original OEM INF preinstalled by your Laptop manufacturer. As mattman already remarked this setting is per default included & enabled in Pieter's mobile INF since pretty well a year or so.

And yes, NERD uses NV_MXM (the MXM checker tool), but unfortenutelaty for DOS and low level BIOS access reasons it will report 100% a non-MXM compatibility when run in Windows :)

Though i'm still hoping for someone to develop a SYS :)

mattman, can you send me copy please?

:P

mattman, can you send me copy please?

Of my NERD logs, or the S3 manuals?

Hello guys,

Mattman, first of all thanks for the manuals.

I's official, no MXM. Here's why...

S3_no_MXM.JPG

The red arrows point to the mounting holes of the heatsink, that for a triangle. MXM is a rectangle. And I'm not too sure about the boardconnecto either.

BUGGER!!

I guess at least we know for sure now...

It looked pretty good to my untrained eye... but I can't argue if you are sure it's not mxm.

If there#s a choice i take both :)

Any chance to make even more Toshiba manuals available (upload to server and link in our FAQ: Disassembly Guides) for the masses?

If there#s a choice i take both :)

Any chance to make even more Toshiba manuals available (upload to server and link in our FAQ: Disassembly Guides) for the masses?

Disassembly guides? :)

Rene... pm me an email address and i'll whiz them through.

The main guide is a bit big to post here at 7.7mb.

its me (tripleR) _ a t _ lv2go

Well we don't know for sure unless someone wants to take one apart..

but basically, lv2go drivers add that reg line, whether you have mxm or not, so if you have used lv2go drivers at any point, that will explain away that line.

But, it seems Toshiba aren't using mxm in any of their notebooks, so it's unlikely it's in the g25.