MXM Beta testers wanted!

Ice-Tea

Okay, here from Mine:

Amilo M1437G

Reg No: P50EA0

Ser No: YSAF019797

EDIT: OMG :) no idea...

EDIT 2: Okay ^^ thats normal *g*

EDIT 3: Again: it looks that ure Motherboard is exact the Same..the Heatsink is the same, too...only ur GraCa & ur Subwoofer are Bigger :P , and u have Place for a 2nd HDD...

EDIT 4: i gonna take my Schleppi off for 15mins, take a Photo with my low-res Handy Cammera (640x480pix) and come on again :)

Edited by Pirate85

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• Pirate85

• zoomy942

• Teraphy

Okay, here from Mine:

Amilo M1437G

Reg No: P50EA0

Ser No: YSAF019797

EDIT: OMG :) no idea...

EDIT 2: Okay ^^ thats normal *g*

EDIT 3: Again: it looks that ure Motherboard is exact the Same..the Heatsink is the same, too...only ur GraCa & ur Subwoofer are Bigger, and u have Place for a 2nd HDD...

I heard that before. There are probably more differences besides the cosmetics, but a Type III card may very well work :)

bild00416gm.th.jpg

here´s a Pic from my open M1437G, the Heatsink is a little bit different (at the CPUcooler) , the holes at the GraCa-cooler have 41mm (used) and 46mm (ATM unused) :P :( :) :)

EDIT: the heatsink seems to be a little bit smaller than yours...but only a very little bit

Edited by Pirate85

bild00416gm.th.jpg

here´s a Pic from my open M1437G, the Heatsink is a little bit different (at the CPUcooler) , the holes at the GraCa-cooler have 41mm (used) and 46mm (ATM unused) :P :( :) :)

Looks very comparable, but the CPU heatsink is aluminium instead of copper. Perhaps the GPU heatsink also misses the copper?

Also: what's the total distance from the ledt side of the card 'till the furthest it could go to the right before bumping into the speaker?

There is Copper on the CPU heatsink, and at the GraCa-cooler too... :P , hm...i can look again and measure it... :(

EDIT: I take a look again ^^ wait just a moment :)

EDIT2: So, i´ve done it again :) - the maximum the card can go to the Right side before it reaches the Wooferchassis is about 8,2 cm

Edited by Pirate85

There is Copper on the CPU heatsink, and at the GraCa-cooler too... :) , hm...i can look again and measure it... :(

EDIT: I take a look again ^^ wait just a moment :)

See how much space there's from top to bottom, too if you can! (hope I'm not too late :P

U are too late ^^ i´ve edited the last post :) , but there is so much space... (about 10 or 11cm)

Edited by Pirate85

U are too late ^^ i´ve edited the last post :) , but there is so much space... (about 10 or 11cm)

82? That's room enough to fit a Type III with... 0 mm to spare :)

:)

Okay...back again after the third opening :)

I measure exactly this time...about 1/100mm´s :P

Space to the Right: 8,3cm

Space ahead : 10,5cm

Ur´e right!!! The Place is more than enough to fit an MXM III Card!!! :P :) :P :thumbsup:

Fujitsu Siemens i love u!!! :thumbsup:

the Only Problem now is the Temperature...and, if i put in a Geforce, the Bios...maybe it should be difficult to get a Bios that provide NVidia-cards for Fujitsu siemens... :(

EDIT: I think that u can Change the Data on ure Page about the M1437G :(

Edited by Pirate85

All those Amilo x43x machines should have the same mobo, Uniwill P71EN0 or it's other incarnation; was it P50? In my 4438 it houses go6800, 143x can have x700. They use the same Bios I think.

All those Amilo x43x machines should have the same mobo, Uniwill P71EN0 or it's other incarnation; was it P50? In my 4438 it houses go6800, 143x can have x700. They use the same Bios I think.

Uniwill-P50CA0-M26P :) hm...that means i can put in a GF go6800...but iam not sure about the Temperature...the Heatsink is Bigger than the GraCa, looks like it was made for Bigger Cards...

Which Bios do you have? Mine:

Name : AMI 686-HiFlex-Bios V01.10c

Version-Pref :63-0100-000001-00101111-100505-Alviso

Date :05.10.2005

I think at this time to buy a ATI x1600, a go6800 or a go7900...the x1800 is simply to expensive... :)

Edited by Pirate85

EDIT: I think that u can Change the Data on ure Page about the M1437G :)

Sure can :)

Sure can :P

OK, I have a 6800 here (Type III). If you want to give it a go, drop me a line (and 300?). As this is an interesting upgrade, the 'full money back' guarantee applies if it doesn't work out.

No 7600's or 7900's right now.

Sure can :)

OK, I have a 6800 here (Type III). If you want to give it a go, drop me a line (and 300?). As this is an interesting upgrade, the 'full money back' guarantee applies if it doesn't work out.

No 7600's or 7900's right now.

I wanna give it a Go,sure! :P it will take a Month or Two to get the money Together (iam a Poor German Soldier :( ) Iam active in this Forum now - its nice :) ,so iam message u if i have the Money :( - and, maybe, there are other Cards available in this Time...nice Store u have!

I wanna give it a Go,sure! :) it will take a Month or Two to get the money Together (iam a Poor German Soldier :P ) Iam active in this Forum now - its nice :) ,so iam message u if i have the Money :( - and, maybe, there are other Cards available in this Time...nice Store u have!

Any time you feel like it. In the mean time: thanks for the informatio :( n!

No Problem...its a givin´ and takin´ , right? :)

Any time you feel like it. In the mean time: thanks for the informatio :) n!

Yeah, but most people are better at the taking part.

Yeah, but most people are better at the taking part.

That´s Normal :) Iam From Military u know...at the Bundeswehr everyone wants something...but giving...ist a foreign word... :) but thats another Topic :P

Edited by Pirate85

Uniwill-P50CA0-M26P :) hm...that means i can put in a GF go6800...but iam not sure about the Temperature...the Heatsink is Bigger than the GraCa, looks like it was made for Bigger Cards...

Which Bios do you have? Mine:

Name : AMI 686-HiFlex-Bios V01.10c

Version-Pref :63-0100-000001-00101111-100505-Alviso

Date :05.10.2005

I think it's the same what they offer on the Fujitsu download site for all x43x based computers, 1.10c, @ 05.10.2005. In my case originally it was 1.06 I think. Uniwill has 1.11 and Alienware 1.12 but probably not helping Fujitsu performance - if you don't want Alienware boot screen;-)

Perhaps there is more room on P71 than on P50 for gfx heat sinks, otherwise there is no point to make different mobos.

I think it's the same what they offer on the Fujitsu download site for all x43x based computers, 1.10c, @ 05.10.2005. In my case originally it was 1.06 I think. Uniwill has 1.11 and Alienware 1.12 but probably not helping Fujitsu performance - if you don't want Alienware boot screen;-)

Perhaps there is more room on P71 than on P50 for gfx heat sinks, otherwise there is no point to make different mobos.

HeHe ^^ - a Alienware Bootscreen would be Kewl :) But did this Bios Works Correktly on my Fujitsu? I somewhere on a Forum Read that this will make the Schleppi Unbootable :)

Schleppi?

I have an Alienware splash screen, but no sound currently. Not sure if it's related :)

^^ Notebook = Schlepptop in my Slang *g* Shortform is "Schleppi"

No Sound? Thats because the Alienware-books have other Soundchipsets, right? - i need sound ^^ What is a live without Music :)

Edited by Pirate85

^^ Notebook = Schlepptop in my Slang *g* Shortform is "Schleppi"

No Sound? Thats because the Alienware-books have other Soundchipsets, right? - i need sound ^^ What is a live without Music :)

Figured as much :)

Hasn't bothered me yet as I've spend more time with my notebook open than closed :P

Figured as much :P

Hasn't bothered me yet as I've spend more time with my notebook open than closed :(

:) hehe looks so...erm, with the go 6800 u have in store u mean this arima special, right? I have a question about these cards...they have Ram at the downside,too i´ve read...how this ram is cooled? Because many people have overheating Probs with them (i´ve read that in other Forums)...if the Ram on downside is not cooled it should be Possible that this is the cause of it? :)

P.S: Maybe i sellin´ my new Nokia N71, so i´ve get the 300? faster...its to nice for using it in Service :P

and if i buy a go6800 and put it in, u can change ure Compatibilitylist again :) - the only thing iam unsure at this time is the Temperature...but i will see :(

Edited by Pirate85

:) hehe looks so...erm, with the go 6800 u have in store u mean this arima special, right? I have a question about these cards...they have Ram at the downside,too i´ve read...how this ram is cooled? Because many people have overheating Probs with them (i´ve read that in other Forums)...if the Ram on downside is not cooled it should be Possible that this is the cause of it? :)

P.S: Maybe i sellin´ my new Nokia N71, so i´ve get the 300€ faster...its to nice for using it in Service :(

and if i buy a go6800 and put it in, u can change ure Compatibilitylist again :( - the only thing iam unsure at this time is the Temperature...but i will see :P

Well, I don't think a notebook witha 6800 in it will ever ve 'cool', but you're right. Half the memory is on the bottom side. Just like with 'normal' Type III 6800's.

Edited by Ice-Tea

Sure, my notebook isn´t Cool with my actuall Card :P how it could be Cool with this High-End Card? :) , i can´t read out my GPU temp...whyever, but i think my x700 goes in a Temperaturerange from about 50-70°C (GPU/RAM 360/340Mhz )...the go6800 should working in a range ca 10-15°C higher...that should be okay - and my coffee stand Warm :)

thanks again, very Helpfull Ice-T :(

EDIT: I´ve put ure Page and this Forum in the German Amilo Forum...maybe some People wanna have a new GraCa :( Click

Edited by Pirate85