LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM Beta testers wanted!

Ice-Tea

Sure, my notebook isn´t Cool with my actuall Card :P how it could be Cool with this High-End Card? :) , i can´t read out my GPU temp...whyever, but i think my x700 goes in a Temperaturerange from about 50-70°C (GPU/RAM 360/340Mhz )...the go6800 should working in a range ca 10-15°C higher...that should be okay - and my coffee stand Warm :)

thanks again, very Helpfull Ice-T :P

EDIT: I´ve put ure Page and this Forum in the German Amilo Forum...maybe some People wanna have a new GraCa :( Click

Heheh... Brows around a bit. There would seem to be a member named 'Ice-Tea' there :(

Anyways, if it runs hot, I'll be happy to assist you to addapt your fan circuit a wee bit. But the fact that you can't see teh GPU temp is interesting. Do you know at what CPU temperature the fan kicks in? Is it always the same?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• Pirate85

• zoomy942

• Teraphy

Heheh... Brows around a bit. There would seem to be a member named 'Ice-Tea' there :)

Anyways, if it runs hot, I'll be happy to assist you to addapt your fan circuit a wee bit. But the fact that you can't see teh GPU temp is interesting. Do you know at what CPU temperature the fan kicks in? Is it always the same?

i´ve Written that u are the Talkpartner in such Things :P (found u on this Page Oops - didn´t see it ^^) :( - if u want, i can help u with ure Activitys on this Board...after my Hollidays iam only online at the Weekend :thumbsup: - but if u want i can help... :P (Little Example)

The Fan kicks in at 51°C CPU Temperature (Low RPM and exactly ever when it reaches 51°C)...Full Speed he Reaches when the CPU is up to 61°C.

Because i can´t read out the GPU Temperature, i think the Fan Kicks in at the Same Temperature´s like the CPU...but iam not really sure about this :thumbsup: (a External Sensor tells me that the Heatsink is about 65°C direktly over the GPU under Maximum Usage - but i must say that there are not the original coolingpads (maybe they called Heatpads correctly in English?) installed, i´ve put in Better ones from Shin-Etsu: Akasa AK-TC-11)

Did u know a Programm which maybe reads the GPU Temp? I try some Proggs but they all failed :( (Speedfan, Dr. Hardware 2006 and some others...)

I can´t read the Fanspeed to...even the HDD S.M.A.R.T-Data is unknown (but at this Point i Think that they emulate SCSI... -.- )...that´s Strupid...at my old Amilo D i don´t have Problems to read every Data...but this Little Beast here stealth´s nearly everything :)

EDIT: Erm,i did´t know if u know...there is a guy on this Amiloforum who has upgraded his M1437G (his Forumname is the Same) with an GF go 6600... Click (look at the Signature) hope that this are news, not "olds" :P

rofl...the more i search in this Forum the More Feetsteps i find from u ^^ Kewl

EDIT2: ERm...u know that this guy u send a Gf go 6800 for evaluation is put it in a M1437G ??? ...

German Zitat from Amiloforum:"Hallo, habe von Ice-Tea eine 6800go zum testen bekommen, nochmals vielen Dank für Dein Vertrauen, diese läuft anstandlos in meinem M1437G, zuvor hatte ich ja schon in meinem Notebook eine 6600go verbaut, ebenso erfolgreich. Ich habe die " Arima Spezial" von Ice Tea bekommen, wichtig hier ist die Temparatur in den Griff zu bekommen."

I´ve Fast Translated: "Hello, get a Gf go 6800 for evaluation from Ice-Tea, thanks again for your thrustfulness, she works Perfect in my M1437G, i´ve put in a 6600go before, also Successful. I get the "Arima Special" von Ice-Tea, important is here to get the Temperature under Controll"

Why u don´t tell me that? -.- now i´ve opened my Schleppi 3 or 4 times for nothing...okay - u get the exact Dimensions...but in case that this guy Put YOUR arima Spec. in this Book u have known that it Fits MxM III...

Now i go sleep 5:42 O´Clock here and iam Sitting here only to find out that this iam Searching for Weeks is in another Forum and u have known it.

Sorry but this is a Bit disappointing for me :)

Gn8

Edited by Pirate85

Guest Mike Check

Hey Ice Tea, sorry about the long absence. School and all. Anyway, what I've been hearing is Quant'as not been friendly to the MXM crowd? What's the update on that? Also I am probabyl going to get a new laptop anyway so that doesn't really matter in the end...

Anyway Pirate85, where in Germany are you from?

Mike Check

?

Made a mistake here... I was under the impression that one of you had the Amilo A1667 and the other a 1437. Wrong, apparently. I reply to a gazillion emails, read a thousand posts of which qiute a lot in a foreign language and... well, mistakes happen. You have my applogies.

Mike,

No update yet. Didn't quite have the time for experimenting.

Hey Mike, Iam Livin´ in near of Leipzig (about 24 Km away) and in Service iam stay at the Barracks in Speyer - it is in the near of mannheim and Ramstein (In Rammstein is an American garrison)

@ Ice-T: No Problem :) i thougt something like that, such things happen...so my offer stands - i wanna help u at this Board, some People there didnt speak english well...so i can make a translatorjob there :P

now u know that i can make it *g* :)

Erm...i´ve asked a few Questions More Ice-T ^^ what about a Proggi to find out the GPU temperature? which did u using?

Greetz

Edited by Pirate85

what about a Proggi to find out the GPU temperature
NV CPL, Aida32/Everest, SpeedFan, NHC, RivaTuner

NV CPL, Aida32/Everest, SpeedFan, NHC, RivaTuner

thanks ®®® but all these Pograms i´ve tested...no one Works. ERm...i use NHC since i have Notebooks (at this time it was called "Centrino Hardware Control" = CHC) ...i didn´t know that it can read out the GPU Temp???where???

Greetz (we can write german in this disscusion, too :) )

Edited by Pirate85

Hey Pirate,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure that will be neccesary :) I can always post in the English forums and the information trickles through anyways. But if and when I'm in need of a translator, I'll be sure to give you a call.

And for most German correspondents that have problems writing in English, I have a very simple suggestion: I write in english and they write in german. My german is good enough to understand and their english is ussualy good enough to understand me, too :)

Ice-Tea

Okay Ice-Tea. :)

this Board is Very interessting - i can´t believe how many People have Problems with their Amilo´s...thats Heavy...

Greetz Pirate85

Edited by Pirate85

• 4 weeks later...

We will be getting a X100 from Shuttle that features a Core Duo / Merom motherboard and an MXM slot. I know the Sudhian has one but he hasn't done anything to his.

I'm willing to be a beta tester for the X100 group out there! :)

Regards,

Dan Solomon Jr.

3DChipset.com

I thought it was you here the other day Dan

Welcome aboard :)

I thought it was you here the other day Dan

Welcome aboard :P

:)

Thanks, I've ordered a Shuttle X100 and looking forward to creating a powerhouse small computer! Now I've been contacting people as well trying to get any info on availability of MXM cards. Even Rick from NVIDIA can't really help. :)

:)

Thanks, I've ordered a Shuttle X100 and looking forward to creating a powerhouse small computer! Now I've been contacting people as well trying to get any info on availability of MXM cards. Even Rick from NVIDIA can't really help. :P

Who is this 'Rick' fellow? Would he mind if I asked him a few questions? Been dying to ask a few to nVidia folks :)

So, Back in Black ^^

My Girlfriend´s Notebook is a Amilo 1420...don´t ask me why...but this Notebook has an MxM Port?????? (i´ve Told u)

It looks :) ...it looks like an MxM Port for MxM II Cards...

her Notebook has an X200 Graphiccard onbard...very interessting...a soldier in My Companie has the Same Notebook Without MxM... -.- WTF???

i don´t know why...

sorry.

Greetz Pirate85