LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v84.21 XP 32bit | NV, EVGA, ZEPTO, DELL

®®®

Is DEV_ID 01d8 missing from this? looks like it; it's the GeForce 7400 Go w/128mb memory.

Oops, that was me. first time using this new laptop. ;P

Edited by ®®®

Is DEV_ID 01d8 missing from this? looks like it; it's the GeForce 7400 Go w/128mb memory.

Yes it is there in the INF:

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400"

Yes it is there in the INF:

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400"

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize the list in the topic was different from the actual INF :)

Yip, the list above is what the original INF supports.

The modded INF supports all so there is no need to list them :)

Hello, I apologize in advance for my beginner's lack of knowledge. I have been trying to figure out how to download the modified INF files so I can make the driver compatible with my geforce go 6800. I have downloaded the file "84.21" from the list. When I go through the installation process, I get a choice of loading either "nv4_disp" or "nv4_disp2". Neither of which I get the option of geforce go 6800. I was wondering if any of you with a greater knowledge base could help me! Last thing, I am really more interested in getting the newest update driver to better optimize playing TES: Oblivion, any news on that? Thanks, this site seems like the right place to go!

Guest Guest

Just a quick question... When I install these drivers how do you have the nvidia control panel and other things with the normal drivers when I use the have disk method? Wouldn't that just install the driver and not the software included with the drivers? Also does it matter if I use the drivers from Nvidia's site and use the INF file with thoughs or are these moddified beyond compression?

Try INF v 31.54 I've added a Check for AC tweak, hopefully this will help your not detecting when going to AC or Battery.

Keep fingers crossed.

where can i find inf v. 31.54 ?

Click on modded INF in 1st post :)

To all the guests before and Mobile1:

All you need to download can be found as links in the first post. There's no reasons to download NVIDIA's original driver as ours are better compressed, so faster to download. Use the modded INF and you're set (Control Panel and everything is enabled)

oh thanks, i'll go ahead and install it

:) i had a quick question, when i set my refresh rate to 100hz for my external monitor (samsung 997mb) why is it that in game (counter strike) i can notice like a little flickering, like a horizontal bar traveling down my screen slowly but flickering.. its a bit noticable.. :)

i have a dell xps m170 w/ a geforce go 7800 gtx with this driver installed 84.21 and that modified inf you mentioned

thanks!

Guest Zahlenwächter

hello,

I have installed V83.90. Is it worth to install the new V84.21?

How often do you update your graphic driver per month?

Best Regards,

Zahlenwächter

Hi... I have a Sager NP9860 (Clevo D900T) with a gf go 6800.

I have winXP64 installed.

The ONLY drivers that install without giving:

Invalid service.

Is 77.13 for Win64 from Sager themselves.

All other drivers from this website end up failing installation and giving an

Invalid service error.

If I remove the line where the Service is from the INF, it installs but then I get BSOD every time I run 3D apps. Why cant I install any drivers from this site ??

Please help.

• 1 month later...

I'm on the 31.55 inf now, and it seems that powermizer still isn't working correctly. It's always on AC, unless you reboot your pc. If you boot on battery, it stays on battery settings (even if the power cord is attached).

Now I have seen in the inf updates that there is a tweak for the powersource detection:

v31.61 Added a tweak for Powersource detection.

Is it possible to update the inf for this driver so that this tweak is in there too, or could you just say what I have to add to my inf?

thanks!

Jeroen.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone is still checking this thread...

I just installed this version and while my external monitor looks great now, my laptop lcd has a green haze over it and looks pretty shabby. Should I try a newer or even older version? I tried running nerd, but when it tried to go to full screen mode it looks like it just quit.

Inspiron 8200, GeForce2 w/ 32megs, 1gb ram, p4 1.6

Thanks,

Steve

By using the "View new posts" link we have no chances on missing your post. :)

Since you use a pretty old graphic card you might want to read the recommended driver FAQ. The optimal driver for you compatibility and performance wise is much older than 84.21.

• 1 month later...

hi there. Was wondering if anyone can help...

I have just updated my drivers for my geforcefx go5200 in my laptop. I was using 71.44, but now trying this 84.21 with the modified .inf file. This is the latest driver for this type of graphics card yes? This runs fifa 07 much better now, without the cut scene frame rate problem i was getting with the 71.44 driver. One small problem which is abit annoying though... When i boot into windows the screen blacks out a couple of times, also does this when you access the g-force fx control panel. Is there anyway to overcome this little problem at all?

Thankyou for your help.

Gareth.

• 2 weeks later...

No, this is by design. You could try (look in FAQ) to deactivate the OverClocking ControlPanel and see if it disables the flickering (no sure if this works with the new drivers).

• 1 month later...

I downloaded it but

84.21: Driver / Pieter's modified INF / Topic Official

when I turn my laptop on (sony PCG-Grt270) it just gose to black screen and dose not do anything

the video card is Nvidi Geforce FX GO 5600 Please help!!!!

I downloaded it but

84.21: Driver / Pieter's modified INF / Topic Official

when I turn my laptop on (sony PCG-Grt270) it just gose to black screen and dose not do anything

the video card is Nvidi Geforce FX GO 5600 Please help!!!!

Sony's also need special INF tweaks to make the LCD's work.

I don't know why some OEM's fiddle with the LCD controllers and need all these tweaks to make the screen work.

Toshiba are the worst for this then Sony.

You probably should stick to Sony drivers or grab an original Sony INF and copy this into the the newer driver (your version number will be wrong in system properties but the NV display properties should show the correct version.

Thanks a lot, I used original Sony INF and put into new driver and it woked perfect.

Thanks a lot agein.

:) :) :P :P

• 2 months later...
Guest Eezergoode

I jsut wanted to thank the person/people responsible for this driver. 84.21 is the last known working driver for many of the NVidia cards with the game Vanguard:SoH. Unfortunately my 6200 LE would NOT work witht he NVidia release of this driver, so I was stuck. Someone pointed me this way, and lo and behold, there was a version of the driver that DOES work with my gimp card, and now I can play with no graphical issues. Thank you VERY much. I am one happy gamer.

I know a few oher people with the same problem, and will be sending them this was as well.