LaptopVideo2Go Forums

driver for nvidia geforce4 440 adapter on dell inspiron 8100

Guest Robert

Guest Robert

I have recently purchased a geforce4 440 go graphics adapter for my laptop and need some advice/direction on the drivers I will need.

I am new to this and fairly unsure of how to proceed so bear with me, please.

I have read the FAQ's here and understand about INF files, etc but I have some questions.

First, which driver would be the best for this card - I am not a gamer but would like the best (most appropriate) driver for graphics programs like Maya PLE, Photoshop, Powerpoint, etc.

I read in Bill's info something which leads me to believe that I can use a desktop graphics adapter driver with an INF file on a laptop. How does that work and is it something I should consider? Or did I misread something?

Also, what is a driver cleaner and where do I get that?

I am ready to install the new board and need the right drivers so any advice that will get me through the installation will be much appreciated.

thanx

dell i8100, xp pro sp2

Welcome :)

If your running the most up to date versions of those apps you mentioned then you'll also need the latest drivers.

A good place to start as Bill will no doubt say as well is 81.98

Grab driver and modded INF then replace original INF with modded one and install

If that doesn't suit you 77.77 will, might be better for 440 go than newer drivers.

Click my driver recommend pic in my signiture for links to a driver install guide and the like.

thanx for your responses...

Now I have a couple really nooooobie questions:

The card I bought from Impact Computers says it is an Nvidia geforce4 440 - is that different than a 440 go?

How do I replace the INF file - copy and paste?

regards

You just unzip the driver and copy and paste the modded INF into the driver, it will replace the INF in the driver.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=33

Then follow the instructions there.

If you have an I8100 laptop and a 440 it IS the 440 go.

Should even say so in the BIOS.