LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with overclocking 6800 Ultra

tarheels_100

I just recently downloaded Coolbits and am wary of overclocking. I saw that it has a "detect optimal frequencies" button as well as "auto overclocking" and was wondering if these were safe bets or if there are better/safer settings for me to use. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

XPS Gen2

6800 Ultra

1 gig RAM

2.0 Pentium M

I just recently downloaded Coolbits and am wary of overclocking. I saw that it has a "detect optimal frequencies" button as well as "auto overclocking" and was wondering if these were safe bets or if there are better/safer settings for me to use. Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Usually you can go higher than those settings show - but much depends on the hw; my former go5700 could go 50-100 MHz higher! But my go6800 goes just 20-50 MHz up.

Added attachment shows the "best" overclocks I found from Futuremark, but a little less must be better in the long run...

Futuremark___ORB___Project_Search.htm

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have another question:

When I set coolbits to manual overclocking and change the settings, it won't keep the settings like that after I hit apply, ok, and close the window. Once I reopen it, although still in manual overclocking mode, it is back to the default speed. I use the "test setting" button to make sure they work before I apply them too, so that's probably not the problem. Suggestions?

Wow, that looks a lot more work that it's worth. Thanks anyway. I think I'll cease and desist on overclocking for now.