LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Video Card replacement for Nvidia GeForce FX go5700

bezrider01

I am stuck in a delima, my FX go5700 is fried and need to purchess a new one but cant find any. could someone help me out with a website I can buy one from or somthing that will work in its place. My laptop is a Alienware area51 766 with a Nvidia GeFroce FX go5700 128mb.

Can't be done, sorry. As far as I know, the 766 does not feature a modular graphics card.

The GeFoece FX Go5700 128mb is a modular card it can be changed basicly im just trying to find a place to buy one Nvidia dont sale to nothing but manufacturers and Alienware dont support them no more, so im stuck betwenn a rock and a hard place. must be some place I can purchess one.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jeremy

I have the same laptop. Try finding the ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 (or 9700) PRO. It's modular and 128 MB. I found your thread because I'm looking for anyway to do 256 MB, but it's still a great card.

• 4 months later...

How do you know if your laptop has a modular video card?

modules are like pci/agp cards which you can simply remove and swap, as already said though, there are seldom ways one can purchase and little infomation on compatibility or upgrade posibilities. :) :)

• 1 month later...
766 is supported.

http://4help.alienware.com/cgi-bin/alienwa...php?p_faqid=657

I have a question into Alienware on what Type the MXM module. Once I know, I will post here so you can update your list, Tea.

//edit: shortened link

Any word on this? I have my laptop's video card starting to go, and would like to know. And would like to upgrade it if possible. Is it a type II like the 5500, since they very close?

If I remember right, it IS a modular graphics card. However, it IS NOT MXM, so this may not be the place to look. Ebay might be a good place to start, but be careful what you buy.

Hello Ice-Tea,

i am interested at one of your x1800 (mxmIII). When are the the cards available? How many does they cost?

My notebook is a Amilo 3428G. :-)

Please write back!

Thank you!

5% of Guest posts are on topic... plus we even have Mac users giving advises.

I don't see why that has anything to do with it, aside from the fact that I can't really test anything right now. I'm just going off of what I know.

May be it was not that obvious that I WAS KIDDING.

I see you have not been schooled properly in the use of sarcasm tags... </sarcasm>

:-P

I really thought that it was REALLY obvious...

It was... for the ones who read your posts everyday and know the character behind it. For smax, who visits once in a while, it may have not be THIS obvious.

P.S

This topic is a total mess of misunderstandings and offtopics. Go5700 appeared on the market when there was no MXM available, so no MXM for this guyand his Alienware... only interchangeable "modules".

edit: moved to the correct forum

Edited by ®®®

• 2 months later...

and a most exceptionally FIRST post on your side :)

• 1 year later...
I am stuck in a delima, my FX go5700 is fried and need to purchess a new one but cant find any. could someone help me out with a website I can buy one from or somthing that will work in its place. My laptop is a Alienware area51 766 with a Nvidia GeFroce FX go5700 128mb.

I have a Nvid fx go5600 i might consider parting with. I haven' looked into the memory on board yet, but they manufactured up to 128mb (same as 5700). Maybe take a check of the nvid website. The only difference i can see so far is, the 5600 doesn't do 'Ultrashadow Technology'.

Guest RisingSun

I have a Area 51-m 766 15.4 as well. I took a look at the link you posted, and I'm not sure how that card will fit into the slot. the pot is is the wrong place and the plugs are too...? Is that for the desktop version instead of the laptop version?

Rising Sun

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, how would that thing fit. I have the same Area-51M 766 with a Ge Force FX Go 5700 that is bad and I would love to go to 256 instead of 128 but that thing looks wrong.

Did you figure out if he was right? Does it fit?

I have a Nvid fx go5600 i might consider parting with. I haven' looked into the memory on board yet, but they manufactured up to 128mb (same as 5700). Maybe take a check of the nvid website. The only difference i can see so far is, the 5600 doesn't do 'Ultrashadow Technology'.

Do you still have this available? Require an NVidia Geforce Go FX 5600 or ATI Mobility 9600 for an Alienware area-51 766 series laptop. Does anyone have any idea on where to get these? Have been looking at E-bay and have not been able to see one that is not the same price of a used laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rising Sun

Sorry for the delay on your prior question. He never responded and that is the wrong board.

I contacted Alienware and they directed me to a few of their parts stores and said if they don't have it, no one does.

So if you find one that someone else, has, that is your only choice.

I'm going to have to give up myself. I've exhausted all my resources.

Rising Sun