LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Video Card replacement for Nvidia GeForce FX go5700

bezrider01

Guest Marina

I have the same problem. I called Alienware Tech Support today and here is what they told me.

1. Alienware is no longer repairing this laptop, or at least the video cards because the original manufacturer of the video cards for that laptop for Alineware is no longer making them.

2. There are four cards that can put into the M766-type laptop: nVidia FX GEForce Go5600 & Go5700, and ATI 9600 & 9700.

I hope this information is useful. I'm going to try the link above myself, but if I can't find it, I think the only option is to replace the laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
I really thought that it was REALLY obvious...

It was. And the complaints of off-topic don't seem to be on topic.

Anyway I found this in a search trying to replace a video card as well. I have a Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV650 with NVidia GeoForce 6700.

Is there an alternative or do I have to look and gamble on eBay?

Before rebuilding which would not completely install Windows because of the failure I had some very strange happenings in between working and not, etc.

Anyway TIA.

Guest guest

Being new I hit the reply on the wrong article. I also typed the video model # wrong.

Anyway I found this in a search trying to replace a video card as well. I have a Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV650 with NVidia GeoForce 7600.

Is there an alternative or do I have to look and gamble on eBay?

Before rebuilding which would not completely install Windows because of the failure I had some very strange happenings in between working and not, etc.

Anyway TIA.

• 1 month later...
I am stuck in a delima, my FX go5700 is fried and need to purchess a new one but cant find any. could someone help me out with a website I can buy one from or somthing that will work in its place. My laptop is a Alienware area51 766 with a Nvidia GeFroce FX go5700 128mb.

HALO!!!

I read everything here about Nvidia GeFroce FX Go5700 128mb because I'm in same situation.

I have a "ACER ASPIRE 1714SMI" laptop and ACER d'not support this graphic card anymore , so I cant find to buy it .

I read here about upgrade with MXM graphic card and I do not now if it is good for my laptop.

I'm run my laptop on safe mode and I'm disperate .

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !

My e-mail is : pko5513@yahoo.com

No. It's modular, but just a form factor suited to Acer - ebay is the only possibility. Acer had latest only go5350s as spare parts.