LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v84.25 XP 32bit | NVIDIA, "OBLIVION"

®®®

WOW! Oblivion runs like total s*** with my 6600... God help you people who are trying to run it with Geforce FXs...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LSudlow

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Miki

I'm getting a weird issue with these drivers. On certain games--FEAR and Age of Empires 3 in particular--I am getting a very small flickering horizontal bar in the lower portion of my monitor. With some games such as Oblivion, I dont get this problem. I'm not very experienced with modified drivers; I have been using very old Dell drivers. I don't get this issue with the Dell drivers I was using, but they are getting very out of date and wanted to use new ones. Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I have a 6800 Ultra (Dell XPS Gen2) and my BIOS version is 5.41.02.36.A7. Is it updated (the last version)? How can I get the last one?

Thanks for any help,

Bachian

Hi,

After hours of searching for newer drivers for my Go6800 i finally found this site. Ive been trying to update my drivers to improve Oblivion on my comp.

I understand the procedure to install the 84.25 drivers, but so far have been unable to download the necessary file from the "driver" link at the beginning of this thread. Im using mozilla and after repeated tries all i have managed to download is a 8425.exe that is only 632 bytes.

I have been able to download the mod .inf file if it is 79kb that is, but have had no luck with the drivers.

Any suggestions ??

The redirects have stopped working for all the drivers :)

You can get the driver here

This is the direct link to driver.

We'll try and get this sorted ASAP.

Hello!

How i can install those 8320 and 8425 drivers for Amilo 3438G + Geforce 6800 GO? It seems that every time i try it, error occures; "nvidia install program didnt found any compatible drivers. install program will close now."

Can anyone help me?

-haukka69

Hello!

How i can install those 8320 and 8425 drivers for Amilo 3438G + Geforce 6800 GO? It seems that every time i try it, error occures; "nvidia install program didnt found any compatible drivers. install program will close now."

Can anyone help me?

-haukka69

You havn't replaced original INF with modded one.

Download INF directly into the directory where you have the driver extracted and overwrite the original one.

Now install and you'll have much better luck

• 1 month later...

i've installed the 84.25 drivers :)

i've noticed (after setting NV service to automatic) that my fan starts working when the temp. rises above 62 degrees and doesn't stop until it cools the GPU back to 62.

Is it possible to set this lower? to start cooling it when (for example) the temp. reaches 55 or even lower?

PS: what prog. do you use to check the temp. on your laptop? i use Everest. i tried the Mother board monitor and Hardware sensors monitor but i cannot find my type of board in their settings. (besides: HSM freezes my laptop for 20 or more seconds, then continues to run for 5 or so seconds and then freezes again, and so on and so on until I shut HSM down - why is this so?)

Guest Foreversaiah

i'm having a slight problem... and i know i'm a noob...

anyway, you mentioned changing the pre-rendering settings in the nvidia control panel. I have Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, and i can't, for the life of me, find anything like pre-rendering settings in that control panel. Please help, because my problem is that lag you mentioned. Thank you

...you mentioned changing the pre-rendering settings in the nvidia control panel. I have Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, and i can't, for the life of me, find anything like pre-rendering settings in that control panel. Please help, because my problem is that lag you mentioned. Thank you

It's on the "Additional 3D Settings" page - called "Max frames to render ahead." ...Set it to 0

Guest Mal (Guest)

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to run Oblivion, at all, on a Presario R3000 which has the nVidia Geforce4 440 Go card inside (64meg). I tried to run it and it doesn't even play the opening movie; it just crashes there. Anyhow, I've looked around at the drivers and infs, but was wondering if there was any more information specific to Oblivioin and this particular card--and if it's possible or if I might as well just put this game on the shelf and watch it collect dust as a reminder to stop buying PC games.

Guest frizz

Hey, I just installed this driver on my Qosmio G15, its a Geforce FX Go 5700. This is not the first time i've tried this, but whenever i attempt one of these modded inf driver updates i get a blue screen of death with the message "page fault in unpaged area". Last known config fixes the problem. The BSOD appears after the loading screen with the little bar and right before the login screen. Please help, my drivers are from 2004 :)

Hello.

"Slightly" problem occured when i installed these drivers on my amilo m3438. Installation was a succes and everything went smoothly untill after a reboot it tryed to go in windows. (windows xp pro) windows loading screen appeared but after that it just went blank. You could see your cursor all the time and you can even move it, but the whole backround is black and you cant do nothing. Hope someone knows what to do cause i have no idea :) thanks!

Have you tried 84.56?

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to run Oblivion, at all, on a Presario R3000 which has the nVidia Geforce4 440 Go card inside (64meg). I tried to run it and it doesn't even play the opening movie; it just crashes there. Anyhow, I've looked around at the drivers and infs, but was wondering if there was any more information specific to Oblivioin and this particular card--and if it's possible or if I might as well just put this game on the shelf and watch it collect dust as a reminder to stop buying PC games.

I also have an old Geforce 488 Go card, and for the rest the Laptop isn't bad at all. I had the modified 81.95 and it just crashed before the opening movies. Then I updated to 84.25 and still no luck. I'm a bit noobish in all this tinkering, so please help us out, even if it's just "Your card will never run the game.", since at least I'll devote my time to something else.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hiya all,

It's been a little while since I posted but I've got a problem with drivers 84.25.

Up til now they've been fine but now they're not holding the clocks I set & always revert to default settings of 325/600 whereas before they held 380/680 with no problem.

I did a full re-install recently & that's when they last worked on o/c but since then, no.

I've tried drivers 84.56 with no difference.

Any ideas? :)

• 3 weeks later...

In order to run Oblivion on older hardware pre FX (and also FX to get more fps) you need to use Oldblivion.

• 11 months later...
Guest Aaron B.

For some reason I had this forceware for a while, and then until I was playing Guildwars the game froze, but I still heard noises. I minimized the game and my desktop was set to its lowest resolution and color (640 to (something) lowest color). After a while, tried to fix it by messing around with the Forceware settings. Then all of a sudden my screen became garbled, the monitor would make weird noises, and my mouse would move then stop moving. I fixed it by disabling nview at start-up, but I still really want to use this forceware, but everytime I uninstall it and reinstall it, screen will always be garbled and etc... Can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

satellite M30 with FX go5200 here.

A few choppy videos with media player classic, I will try the new modded INf.

thanks for all.

Edited by pfelelep

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Don't know if it works, but NVIDIA_NV28.DEV_0286.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 4200 Go " is included in the modified inf. So worth trying.