LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM cards for sale

Ice-Tea

I have never seen a GT. Closest thing I ever saw was the MSI cards that are clocked higher than the ones I have.

well i haven't seen the mobile version my self either ... there is a link for specs -> http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForc...-GT.2141.0.html :)

more powerfull than the normal 7600 go

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• ika

• Rocktech

• Kanduru

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) i'm was thinking about if i can Upgrade my Fujitsu-Siemens laptop 8600M GS or GT? anyway is that even possible? don't know does it support the hardware or is card-type supported?

Edited by Rocktech

Curently not possible. The new MXM cards seem to be incompatible with older MXM hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just checking to see if there is anything better for my Alienware m5550, w/its Nvidia GeForce Go 7600, such as an ATI x1800 or x1900?

If so, would they both be just too hot? Would the performance justify the cost?

Anyway to tweak the 7600, say w/a tweaked video BIOS or w/software perhaps?

Do you know of any up to date XP Media Edition Nvidia Video Driver(s) that will work w/my system?

Boy I wish the laptop industry would standardize on a video card standard, like the desktops have.

Thx.

Don't have answers to all your question, but here it goes..

The x1900 has been verified in the 5550, but it does get very hot. I think it is acceptable, a costumer thought it was too hot and eventually returned the card. Another thing is that the power brick gets very hot. I measured and it it within the theoretical limits but I strongly suggest to go for a bigger PS. Could even be fire hazard..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have amilo pi1536 with Radeon X1400 and after upgrade in to Nvidia Geforce 7600 go 256mb MXM II, i had a problem.

The screen work korrektly wain in the text mode (windows first stage installation). In the graphics mode - artefacts in the screen.

Is it card problem or card incompatible ?

WBR Igor

Guest sskalnik attt gmail dottt commmm

Got an 8400M G in this ZT Element (really an MSI 1636 barebone plus a few extra parts). It sucks. Looking for a 7900GS or 8600GT. I suppose I could buy a laptop with one of those cards off newegg, gank the card, and resell the other laptop with my crappy 8400 in it, but I'd rather not go to all that trouble. Got any nice cards lying around? Wanting 256MB, 16 shaders, and 128-bit interface at minimum.

Guest vladutztg

Hy,

I have an Amilo M1437G. What would it be the most suitable upgrade for my X700 ?

I have seen the benchmarks and the go 7600 has aproximately twice thes core of an x700 - what would that mean in games.

What is the price for a compatible card for my fijitsu and can I put it in place by myself ?

I am from romania

PS. how about an 6800 ? - I have seen the upgrade photos and guidethrough.

anyone know where i can buy a 8700m gt 512mb card?

Hello,

I want buy a 7600 video card for my amilo 3438. What i am doing ?

Je préfère le français, sachant que le site mxm-upgrade est belge ! Je voudrai remplacer la 6800 de mon amilo, comment dois je faire pour en acheter une nouvelle par exemple une 7600 ?

Merci

JLC

LG notebooks do not have MXM afaik.

Bonjour JLC.

Veuillez vous m'envoyer un mail svp? M'addresse est dan mon profile.

I tested them. They do not work.

Well, d'uh. But not in older notebooks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Ice-Tea

I have an Acer 5920G with a Geforce 8600mGT.

What's the best upgrade I can fit in my computer?

Also, do you ship in italy?

Do you suggest me to upgrade? or, do you think it is better wo wait for new models? and, price?

Hi i own a alienware m5500 with a ATI 128MB X1400 MXM3 Video card. I want to know if I buy the nvidia 7600 256mb card is it just a plug and play model or will i have to buy a fan or anything extra? and also is there a better video card that will fit my m5500? What is the Price to California U.S.A.

Got an ASUS F3SV series notebook. It has a GeForce 8600GS with 256MB in it, which is alright, but I want to play Crysis with something other than low settings and no FSAA. ASUS phone support said it's not an MXM notebook, and that nothing but their c90 is MXM compatible. Can I still upgrade? If so, are there any 8600GTs or 8700GTs available for this notebook?

Oh, and is there a way to upgrade the amount of TurboCache I've got?

Edited by Sephiroth

Guest wetherby

I currently own a Gateway M685-e (same specs as the NX860XL).

I've read about as much as I could have on the upgrade process, and understand the possibilities.

So far, the best upgrade for me is the Go-7900Gs 256mb, but I can't seem to get my hands on one. Anyone with a lead would be greatly appreciated.

I know the 7600 256mb would suffice, but I want to take full advantage of the HD capability of the 7900.

Del