LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM cards for sale

Ice-Tea

6600.JPG

Drop us a line at sales@mxm-upgrade.Com.

Pricing: 250? with basic shipping through national postal service, no tracking. Shipping through major carriers costs extra. Limited shipping to the US. Ask for details.

Edited by Ice-Tea

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice-Tea

• ika

• Rocktech

• Kanduru

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6800 'Arima Special' available.

For more info on the 'Arima Special', check here.

While not strictly MXM, the Arima Special sometimes fits where a Type III would not!

Drop us a line at sales@mxm-upgrade.Com.

Pricing: 300? with basic shipping through national postal service, no tracking. Shipping through major carriers costs extra. Limited shipping to the US. Ask for details.

Guest Guest

Please contact me as I would like to add a 6600 MXM to my Alienware m5500.

I am located in Tokyo so please let mw which shipping options are available.

Regards,

Jan Schiffman

janschiffman@hotmail.com

Guest Guest

I would like to upgrade the 6600GO that is inside my Arima 810 with anything better, maybe a 6800 256MB or a 7X series.

Please tell me where to send my email adress.

I would like to upgrade the 6600GO that is inside my Arima 810 with anything better, maybe a 6800 256MB or a 7X series.

Please tell me where to send my email adress.

Hi there,

Please check out my sig. Contact information on the site.

Ice-Tea

BTW: I have a 6800 lying right here :)

If anyone upgrades their Asus Z71V i will buy their old Nvidia 6600 card off them! or if anyone knows of any upgrades for the Z71v the almost MXM 2 slot on it... whats the deal with that slot. i need a 3d card I got scammed by an ebay seller THANKS! chezouff @aol.com

if i have the chance to give a 7600 a go, ill let you get my 6600 go for next to nothing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wizer1

Hey, I had a question for you guys.

Maybe this has been tried or maybe it doesn't work, but I though I would bring it up. If you were to go to, say Gateways website and go to their components catalog - Here - would it in theory be possible to order it from them and then put in your own laptop?

I'm not sure if Gateway does orders, but I think they do. And if they did it seems like that would be an easy way to get your hands on it. It would have to be MMX3 but hey, a 7800gtx = ubergoodness :)

Anyways I thought it sounded like a good idea, feel free to enlighten me as to why it wouldn't work.

Hey, I had a question for you guys.

Maybe this has been tried or maybe it doesn't work, but I though I would bring it up. If you were to go to, say Gateways website and go to their components catalog - Here - would it in theory be possible to order it from them and then put in your own laptop?

I'm not sure if Gateway does orders, but I think they do. And if they did it seems like that would be an easy way to get your hands on it. It would have to be MMX3 but hey, a 7800gtx = ubergoodness :)

Anyways I thought it sounded like a good idea, feel free to enlighten me as to why it wouldn't work.

It's worth a shot for sure8

If it doesn't work out, I have a batch of 7800's (no GTX... I think, will have to verify) on it's way.

• 1 month later...
Guest Schrevel

Wow! i'm really interested by 7800 card :) !! but i think my laptop must use the arima special 6800. I use a medion md95597 (plz don't laught!) and i'd like to know, if i change my 6600Go Gt for the arima special, is there some modifications to do as flashing bios or anything else? Will the cooler system be ok?

thx for answer

Wow! i'm really interested by 7800 card :) !! but i think my laptop must use the arima special 6800. I use a medion md95597 (plz don't laught!) and i'd like to know, if i change my 6600Go Gt for the arima special, is there some modifications to do as flashing bios or anything else? Will the cooler system be ok?

thx for answer

Hi There,

The 7800 are currently withdrawn because of compatibility issues.

I have a costumer that is ordering a 6800 'Arima Special' for a Medion MD95500. I'm assuming that notebook is mostly identical. If and when it works out, that upgrade will be in a report, comparable to this one.

So, I'd say stay tuned :)

Ice-Tea

MXM Upgrade

Guest MaGsTeR

I'm also very very interested in an 7800 MXM III Module, has to be compatible with my FujitsuSiemens Amilo 3438G. If there is a solution, post here pls...

Nothing right now. The 3438 was upgraded with a x1800 but the price is quite high.

No (working) 7800 in sight right now.

• 1 month later...

Hey Ice,

How are you able to get these cards? Any luck yet with a X1600 from ATI? I haven't contacted ATI yet, just NVIDIA and he hasn't really helped me with the MXM info I'm seeking. I was going to ask him how a dealer places an order.

If we could generate enough interest in a MXM module, maybe we could place a bulk OEM order or something. I wish ATI would release a X1900 MXM module or update their X1800. It seems ATI has faded away from the high-end laptop market. :)

Yes AMD's purchase is probably not going to help either with Mobile releases.

As ATI are now a little behind the 8-ball and have allowed NV to take a sizable market share.

I háve contacts that I can order 1000+ cards from, they are just highly reluctant to accept orders for lower quantities. Basically, I have a phone bill from here to Taiwan (pun intended) and every now and then I get lucky. The Arima 6800 contact is somewhat well priced but reluctant to give me new gen cards, another source can get me x1800's but only at a price that is insane ,yet another can get me pretty much anything as long as I order 1000+ pieces and so on. All of these contacts are steadily moving their positions, so I'm confident I'll get new cards sooner or later, it's just a major bummer that it always seems to be 'later'.

I háve contacts that I can order 1000+ cards from, they are just highly reluctant to accept orders for lower quantities. Basically, I have a phone bill from here to Taiwan (pun intended) and every now and then I get lucky. The Arima 6800 contact is somewhat well priced but reluctant to give me new gen cards, another source can get me x1800's but only at a price that is insane ,yet another can get me pretty much anything as long as I order 1000+ pieces and so on. All of these contacts are steadily moving their positions, so I'm confident I'll get new cards sooner or later, it's just a major bummer that it always seems to be 'later'.

I would kill for a 7900 GTX GO that is a bare-bones reference MXM Type III. :-) I'm hoping that X1800 can play the games that I play at 1920x1200 on my 24" LCD Monitor. Games? Age of Empires III, Unreal Tournament 2003...

Then when the Merom 2.33GHz CPU comes out that Shuttle X100 will be a screaming LAN system. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you snagged this information... the official spec page doesn't have the words MXM or modular or anything closely related in the graphic card section.

All it says:

• 24-inch model
    • NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics processor with 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM using PCI Express
    • Optional NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT graphics processor with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM using PCI Express

Yep. Would like to see a reference, too!

• 8 months later...

Hello all,

I would like to know prices for any Type 2 or 3 MXM video cards

My laptop is FSC Amilo M3438G with nVidia Geforce 6800GO 256DDr.

I would like to buy other video card because the current one its broke.

thx

Sorry, missed this post :)

OK, here's what I currently have to offer:

7600/256MB: Performance comparable to your 6800, low replacement effort. 250?, shipping and taxes included.

x1800/256MB: Higher performance, obviously. Higher effort (requires heatsink mod, ACPI script and is generally hard to cool. 335?.

7900GS/512MB: Highers performance. High effort (heatsink mod. High risk.. I had some returns on this one I can't explain. This is why they are offered without warranty, on your own risk. 385?.

Edited by Ice-Tea

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I would like to upgrade video card on my FS Amilo pi 1536.

I would like to buy GF go 7600 or RadeonX1800, but i have the problem - I live in Russia.

Is it possible to deliver video card to me? Thx

P.S. Forgive me for my bad English =)

Hi,

The 7600 is easy, the x1800 works but runs pretty hot.

Delivery to Russia should not be a problem. Mail me if you need further info.

Ice-Tea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bender77

Hello,

my Amilo M1439G with 6600 Go requires some upgrading.

What woult you recommend? Arima 6800?

(Is it available? Haven't seen in @ your shop...)

Is the 7900GS possible?

Regards,

Bender77