LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HOT

trancito

Hello to everyone. I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a Sony Vaio FE-11S labtop. I put the 84.25 drivers wich are optimized for games as Oblivion. It runs great but after playing about 5 minutes, the labtop becomes really hot, it burns my legs if I have on them so I'm worried that this drivers could finish burning my laptop or making it malfunction. What do you think about that? Is there any way to solve it?? Thank You very much. The grapichs of the laptop are nvidia 7400 go. Thanks for your attention.

I take it Oblivoin is a really CPU/GPU intensive game.

Does the control panel have a tempurature page ?

If not see if you can find an app that can measure it.

Would be interesting to see what the results are.

Hello to everyone. I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a Sony Vaio FE-11S labtop. I put the 84.25 drivers wich are optimized for games as Oblivion. It runs great but after playing about 5 minutes, the labtop becomes really hot, it burns my legs if I have on them so I'm worried that this drivers could finish burning my laptop or making it malfunction. What do you think about that? Is there any way to solve it?? Thank You very much. The grapichs of the laptop are nvidia 7400 go. Thanks for your attention.

hi Trancito?

Notebook Over your legs?

Maybe you block Ventilation Holes..

Its normal for some notebooks to be that hot while on your lap, especially if you are blocking vent holes.

You should get one of the beanbag lap things with a level surface and sit your laptop on that using the laptops 4 legs or whatever you call it.

If your crazy like me you can try and incorporate a fan into the lap desk thing too and make it run off of a battery or AC and put a plug on it for the AC for your laptop, and then put lights around the edges that blink or something.

I haven't tried to make my own laptop cooler thing that like but I have thought about it.

You really should keep your laptop on a nice level surface with all the legs even, things can break if they aren't. Those beanbag desk things can almost always provide a level surface, and you can probably build a fan into one if you are crazy. (it could even run off of your laptop's USB power too)

I think my laptop or my brothers IXPS Gen 2 M170 has a warning that actually using it on your lap can cause burns.

Guess that is why they have started calling them notebooks and not laptops. :)

• 1 month later...

Yeah, "laptops" aren't the best description for the new generation.

Just try to play on a clean, level surface in order to allow air-flow otherwise you're gonna get hot.

I've found Oblivion's so intensive on GPU/CPU that I've bought a cooling pad with 3 fans just to help dissipate the excess heat generated but this would in no way be a practical solution to allow you to play on your lap.