LaptopVideo2Go Forums

About MXM (Some questions)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Alright, I just purchased an asus z81sp notebook, which has type III MXM graphics. Currently there's a 6800 go in there, and I had a few questions about the MXM package.

Should I be able to drop in any newer nvidia card and it will just work? If not, should BIOS updates fix it?

and finally, if it works with nvidia cards, will it even work if i put an ati MXM card in it?

Thanks in advance.

Alright, I just purchased an asus z81sp notebook, which has type III MXM graphics. Currently there's a 6800 go in there, and I had a few questions about the MXM package.

Should I be able to drop in any newer nvidia card and it will just work? If not, should BIOS updates fix it?

and finally, if it works with nvidia cards, will it even work if i put an ati MXM card in it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Theoretically: yes on all three acounts.

If Asus cut some corners or has taken measures to protect in the Bios, things may be more difficult.

So, practically: everything will have to be verified by people just like yourself. Trial and error is the way to go :) If may help you sleep at nigth, however, that the chances of damaging your lappy physically are virtually nihil if handeled properly.

Guest could you post a logfile of NERD ? Thanks

sorry for the bit of the delay... schooling and what not.

here's my logfile, thanks for the help.

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Edited by mattdev121

Thanks, pretty detailed and working readouts. New NERD version pays out :)

Even more details would be available @ XP Pro as it has WMI capabilities :P What a pity that the MXM availability test obviously does only succeed using DOS :)

any req for the version of dos? I can boot up and run it in dos if you need me to (even just to test the program). just tell me the version I need to use.