LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Wrong Flash @ Geforce Go 6800 Go on Dell Inspiron 9300

xtasee

I didn't have the ability to start a new topic, so I'm hoping I can get some help here.

edit: fixed

I was browsing through this forum, and saw that my video bios for my Geforce 6800 Go on my Dell Inspiron 9300 was at version v5.41.02.29.A8. Seeing that the newest version was v5.41.02.39.49, I decided to try to upgrade. Big mistake...I should have listened when nvflash told me that the checksums ID's (or something like that) didn't match, but I flashed anyway. When I rebooted, now my screen goes blank. Dark...nothing, nada.

I remember messing up my desktop video card once, and being able to do a blind flash back to my original video bios, but is this possible w/ a laptop? If so, can anyone assist me in doing it? Again, in particular, I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 w/ the GeForce 6800 Go, and it was at video bios version v5.41.02.29.A8 when it was last working. Thanks a million to someone who can get me out of this pickle!

-Dave :)

Edited by ®®®

• 2 months later...

may be i can give some advice to you!

FIRST:you must have some electric DIY knowledge or some one can help you do this!

look at the picture list.i figer out the chip that the bios info was stored.on my machine it's ATMEL AT25F1024

use soldering tin to get it down,

then you can use a DEVICE PROGARAMER(this machine is had to be find.) like thisPROGRAMER to write the rom file direct into the chip.then solder it back to the card.you can make it!

and if your machine can still start(i mean pass the system check and go to windows) with the black screen

there is an other easy way to make it.if you want send me a message, will told you how to do(use a boot disk and edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT to flash the rom file back into your card).

post-3691-1150180097_thumb.jpg

Edited by CAMBRID

I remember messing up my desktop video card once, and being able to do a blind flash back to my original video bios, but is this possible w/ a laptop?
Plug in an external floppy drive or USB stick and make it bootable with DOS on it plus nvflash plus ROM file. The autoexec.bat need then to have the nvflash command to autoexecute the flash procedure without user intervention:

nvflash /? will help to determine the correct commandline, so nvflash /command ROMFILE.rom

• 3 months later...
Plug in an external floppy drive or USB stick and make it bootable with DOS on it plus nvflash plus ROM file. The autoexec.bat need then to have the nvflash command to autoexecute the flash procedure without user intervention:

nvflash /? will help to determine the correct commandline, so nvflash /command ROMFILE.rom

i have the same big big big problem. eith my amilo m3438. i cant boot anymore. a blindflash may be possible. but i can only boot my machine if there is no videocard in it. so i have taken out the mxm card and

started my computer. and right before i started to flash i have putten my videocard in the computer while the machine is on. since pci express is hot swapable this just has to be possible. but i still cant get it to work. maybe he gives an error massage if i am booting. something like your videocard is missing. so i do some steps wrong with typing but i still cant boot and i hate it becouse i need my laptop get back to work as fast as possible for my school

edit: sorry. i didnt want to give the message before me a reply. but its still readable

Edited by svendudink

i have the same big big big problem. eith my amilo m3438. i cant boot anymore. a blindflash may be possible. but i can only boot my machine if there is no videocard in it. so i have taken out the mxm card and

started my computer. and right before i started to flash i have putten my videocard in the computer while the machine is on. since pci express is hot swapable this just has to be possible. but i still cant get it to work. maybe he gives an error massage if i am booting. something like your videocard is missing. so i do some steps wrong with typing but i still cant boot and i hate it becouse i need my laptop get back to work as fast as possible for my school

edit: sorry. i didnt want to give the message before me a reply. but its still readable

Erh... MXM cards are most certainly not hot plugable. Hot plug requires power sequencing and I'm 99% sure this has not been implemented on MXM cards.

If you can't work it out, I can set you up with a replacement 6800.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem.

Anyone can give me a hint to help me out?

Also, anyone can point out where can I get a working bios?

My vid is: GeForce Go 6800. System is Dell Inspiron 9300.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by NoName4ever

Also, anyone with a good bios for GeForce Go 6800 (Dell Inspiron 9300 system) please send it to me.

Thanks

• 9 years later...

Did you ever find a Good Bios for your Geforce 6800? Would you happen to have the Dell XPS M170 Gen 2 Hacked Bios File for the Dell 9300 Inspiron Laptop? If so I would gladly pay you money for it. Thank You!

Lonny