LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for GF 7200 on ASUS A6M laptop

Guest PaddyG

Guest PaddyG

I just bought an ASUS A6M with multi-language support. the pre-installed XP was in French and the Gfx card was working perfectly. However, I wanted to change the OS language to English, so did a recovery installattion of XP with the supplied English discs. Everything went OK until I tried to install the gfx card drivers. If I tried the Nvidia drivers on the supplied driver and utility disc, I got the "The NVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware" message. The same happens if I tried Forceware drivers from NVidia itself. If I check the device manager, the VGA adaptor has an exclamation mark, of course. Uninstalling it, rebooting and attempting to re-install gets me nowhere, it just can't find the drivers, even if I point it to the relevant file on the CD. I really don't know what to do next. I've read about modified .inf files, but not sure what to do about them or where to get the right one. Can anyone help me please?

Pls have look in the FAQ.

They must have sneaked this GPU by me.

I'm trying to find the PCI_ID now for it to add it to the INF.

I need to find a driver first with the GPU included, I see LG has one also.

LG was of no use in the end, their specs say one thing their drivers support others.

BUT doing a search I found a freeBSD doc with what I hopefully needed.

Try 84.25 driver with the modded INF. (replace original INF with modded one then install)

I have added support for PCI_ID 01D6 this should be the go7200.

Give it a whirl, so I can confirm and add to other drivers for further support now and into the future.

Paddy G, can you post the NERD logfile so we know more details about this GPU.

Strange that ASUS are releasing all these drivers but no support for the go7200.

Guest PaddyG

My apologies, it is in fact the 7300 card, for some reaon the sticker on the machine says NVG72M, which I thought meant 7200. Anyway, I found working drivers on the ASUS site (they are 70's, but at least they work).

Great site by the way. I will probably be back. :)

There are a number of drivers in the 80's for the go7300 and from ASUS.

You should be able to use these in their original form (no modded INF needed)