LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce4 440 Go 64M in Gericom L372N1 FrontMan

Guest Cyric

Guest Cyric

Hello everybody!

After working a long time with the Gericom-Driver from 2002, I finally decided to upgrade my Graphic Card Driver for my GeForce4 440 Go 64M in Gericom L372N1 FrontMan to be able to play Galactic Civilizations 2 which needs DirectX 9.0c support.

I followed Your step-by-step How-To to install the 84.20 Driver, which contains my Grphics Card in the INF. It seemed to work, but when I rebooted the computer, after a few seconds, just after the NVidia logo appeared in the taskbar, the screen went black for a second and when it reappeared, the colours were somehow "inverted", meaning that black became white, red became blue a.s.o.. Also, the whole screen was covered by some milky-white, translucent layer. To remove that, Ih had to use the Windows System Restoration.

Can anyone help me? What can I do to get my Driver working?

Thanks in advance,

gr

Guest Cyric

Aaaahh...I found that I can get rid of these weird colours and the white layer by changing the resolution of my screen. However, sometimes, when I start a new program, such als GalCivs2 or Your NERD program, these awful things reappear again.

I've attached the NERD-Logfile so You can please help me...

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt