LaptopVideo2Go Forums

2.5in HDD capacity record

sn0wl

fuji_200gb_1.jpg

Fujitsu claims biggest 2.5in HDD capacity record with a 200GB Serial ATA 2.5in hard disk drive designed for notebook computers. It said the drive's size makes it ideal for vendors who want to equip their laptops with PVR functionality, or for anyone producing "digital home appliance" products. Read more.

BetaNews says it's lager then the regular 2.5 Drive. So it may not fit current laptops.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Fujitsu_Un...rive/1143565883

If that is true then it will also need special drive enclosures. So I'm waiting to see what happens with this.

propably it will be 12.5mm in case of 9.5mm ?!

I have some old HD's here that are that size :)

propably it will be 12.5mm in case of 9.5mm ?!

I have some old HD's here that are that size :)

If it is 12.5mm thick then it will have 3 platters with 6 heads, and probably not fit in most modern machines.

I should be able to fit it in my one, so any sample gladly received.

Using 3 platters Seagates 160GB drive would end up with 240GB, so 200GB is not huge comparatively speaking.

Making a drive thicker isn't the best answer, unless there is room in your machine to fit it.

Will be a good drive for an external enclosure if is 12.5mm.