LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Purevideo drivers brings stuttering

Fabrice Roux

I'm having issues with the Purevideo enables drivers. Those issues take the form of stuttering when playing videos. (both regular and HD videos)

Config:

Dell Inspiron 9300 M750 1Gb with latest Dell drivers and BIOS. (BT and WiFi are OFF)

Spyware and rootkit wise: AdAware, Spybot, MS Antispyware and F-Secure blacklight say that I'm clean.

My resident programs are limited to the max: Skype, Daemon Tools 3.4x, ZoneAlarm 6.1 and Computer Associates Antivirus 7.1

I'm using the latest K-Lite codec pack. (Media Player Classic is my default player)

With Dell "latest official" drivers 78.51 I can perfectly play all the videos up to 720p without stuttering. But intensive scenes in 1080p bring my config to its knees.

With nVidia PureVideo enables drivers 84.2x:

- CPU load is much higher.

- the intensice scenes in 1080p are played flawlessly.

- BUT I GET STUTTERING in all videos like 300ms image freeze every 5 seconds.

Am I the only one having those stutterings in all videos?

Is there a workaround?

Isn't PureVideo supposed to kick in only when used with specific players? (such as PowerDVD 6 and others)

Regards,

ps: thank you to the admin who moved the topic... I found the Support in every respect section 3 seconds after posting. :)

Edited by Fabrice Roux

Hey guys... can the VMR (Video Mixer Renderer) be the cause of the stuttering?

I can't do the test right now... work and 3 weeks old baby girl issues. :)

It may very well be the cause of your problems.

You can easily disable it (well you can with modded INF)

3 week old baby hah, I'm 7 weeks away from my 2nd sibbling.

Your problems will begin at your daughters puberty, then it will be shotgun on the porch time for Daddy :)

It may very well be the cause of your problems.

You can easily disable it (well you can with modded INF)

3 week old baby hah, I'm 7 weeks away from my 2nd sibbling.

Your problems will begin at your daughters puberty, then it will be shotgun on the porch time for Daddy :)

Giving 84.25 a third or fourth try... *realoading shotgun for both VMR and future baby girl puberty issues* :)

Hehe,

You are using modded INF to install driver ?

It has VMR enabled by default but you should be able to untick it in Overlay section.

There is a post somewhere by sn0wl on this subject.

Have a look here : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9211

Hope this helps,

Find out next week if I also need a shotgun :)

Hehe,

You are using modded INF to install driver ?

It has VMR enabled by default but you should be able to untick it in Overlay section.

There is a post somewhere by sn0wl on this subject.

Have a look here : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=9211

Hope this helps,

Find out next week if I also need a shotgun :)

I got aware of the VMR issues after the last time I rolled back to Dell official drivers. I just rebooted, unticked VMR and added the custom resolution of 960x600.

All worked like a charm... BTW VMR is a real PITA. I understand the interest of being able to accelerate more than one video. But in real life those cases are pretty rare.

Does the official nvidia driver enables VMR by default or is it only the modded INF that does so? And yes I used the modded INF. :)

OT: My baby girl pictures.

Officially you can't even enable it as the tickbox is not there.

I enabled it as it fixed more problems than not.

It's one of those things where I had to go with the masses.

It works enabled better for most.

Nice piccies, I havn't been as good with my 2.5 year old son, but have 1000's of piccies of him all the same.

Nice camera, a Canon ? I'm a Canon fan.

Officially you can't even enable it as the tickbox is not there.

I enabled it as it fixed more problems than not.

It's one of those things where I had to go with the masses.

It works enabled better for most.

Nice piccies, I havn't been as good with my 2.5 year old son, but have 1000's of piccies of him all the same.

Nice camera, a Canon ? I'm a Canon fan.

I noted that the tickbox needs to be enabled either with modded INF or NVTweak. Since it works for the masses I assume there is something odd with my setup. Harvesting the option pages of Media Player Classic.

Attached the MPC default output parameters... some tweaking might be required to work flawlessly with VMR ON. Probably using the Windows Media 9 mode.

Yep I have a huge Canon gear... :) In case you forgot in the last 2.5 years... try to stockpile sleep while you can. :)

post-3133-1143801480_thumb.png

VMR and Overlay are touchy subjects as for laptops there are so many different scenarios.

I've tried to please as many as I can, my lappy doesn't mind either with it on or off.

Other lappies must have it on other again must have it off.

Sleep, the website is eating up my stockpile, there will be time again soon of getting up every 2 hours to feed the little one.

I use a Canon 350D and also have a 50E as well.

Can't afford Canon lenses but make do with Tamron and Tokina.

I have some picces over at Trekearth (pieter) must do some more work there.

I'm not a professional but like to potter around.

VMR and Overlay are touchy subjects as for laptops there are so many different scenarios.

I've tried to please as many as I can, my lappy doesn't mind either with it on or off.

Other lappies must have it on other again must have it off.

Sleep, the website is eating up my stockpile, there will be time again soon of getting up every 2 hours to feed the little one.

I use a Canon 350D and also have a 50E as well.

Can't afford Canon lenses but make do with Tamron and Tokina.

I have some picces over at Trekearth (pieter) must do some more work there.

I'm not a professional but like to potter around.

I just tried VMR on + Windows Media Renderer 9 in Media player classic it works as advised. If I run into stuttering issues again I know which neck I need to twist. *eyes looking in VMR direction*

The Canon 350D is a nice camera... I still have my goold old 300D... and I'm lurking on the 30D. If you don't already have this lens be sure to get it soon: Canon EF 50 f/1.8. It's an inexpensive (100 USD / EUR) lens that as the best quality for the money ratio. To beat this lens ratio you'll need to get a free lens. :)

Output settings of MPC overrides what you select in nVidia control panel, it only cares if 'Use system default' is selected. Just a side note. Change the setting, restart MPC and youre done.

VMR problems: try Crystal Player from www.crystalplayer.com and you should see 'Wait for vertical sync' in video rendering options. Give that a try, smax reported it solved some of the problems.

Output settings of MPC overrides what you select in nVidia control panel, it only cares if 'Use system default' is selected. Just a side note. Change the setting, restart MPC and youre done.

VMR problems: try Crystal Player from www.crystalplayer.com and you should see 'Wait for vertical sync' in video rendering options. Give that a try, smax reported it solved some of the problems.

My problems were solved by either turning VMR off or changing MPC output.

I chosed the wiser way to leave VMR on in nVidia setting and use WMR9 in MPC output.