Guest Guest

Good morning Mr. :)

Here's what we were discussing 2 years ago about MXM:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=888

And this is the place where to buy today: http://mxm-upgrade.com

And this forum is the support forum of mxm-upgrade.com

:)

Guest Guest

In this topic I just want to people to give me sites where I can buy mxm card's. I found two:

dell seling a nvidia geforce go 7800gtx for xps2 for 599$:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/Product...k=&refurbished=

hypersonic upgrades:

http://www.eurocom.ca/

ATI mobility:

x700 128mb 195$

x700 256mb 315$

x800 256mb 495$

x800xt pe 256mb 695$

nvidia geforce go:

6800 256mb 395$

6800 ultra 256mb 495$

7800gtx 795$

quadro fx 1400 256mb 795$

dual 7800 gtx sli 1590$

Hi there,

I know of no other sources that sell MXM cards as such.

Both Eurocom and Dell don't use MXM, they use proprietary formats.

Ice-Tea

MXM-Upgrade

These prices are ridiculous :) Times will change where one is able to buy non-overprized compatible hardware upgrades for Laptops and the first step is mxm-upgrade.com !

Guest Guest

"Upgradeable Notebook Graphics

MXM, as a consistent notebook graphics interface, provides a design specification for upgradeable graphics in a notebook." from: http://www.nvidia.com/page/mxm.html

How can I upgrade if I can't go to a store and buy a mxm card? When I bought my notebook I bought it because the graphic card was upgradable. I going to complain to the autorities, I want my money back.

Hi guest,

One off the reasons there are very few upgrade MXM's for sale is because there are no better cards available. Only now do we start to see x1600,7600 and x1800 trickle through.

Not much point in upgrading a 6600 to a 6600, now is there?

Stay tuned, the new gen cards have been announced and will be available. Through MXM Upgrade for sure, and through other channels too maybe.

Ice-Tea

I'm the guest upward. So how can I known if a notebook can be upgradable? I known some cases where the mxm graphic card is soldered to the mainboard :S There are also some power consumption issues... Can some one tell me if I can upgrade a asus z81sp and a alienware area-51 m5700 to a geforce go 7800gtx? and where can I find a cheap geforce go 7800gtx to buy?

Guest Guest
I'm the guest upward. So how can I known if a notebook can be upgradable? I known some cases where the mxm graphic card is soldered to the mainboard :S There are also some power consumption issues... Can some one tell me if I can upgrade a asus z81sp and a alienware area-51 m5700 to a geforce go 7800gtx? and where can I find a cheap geforce go 7800gtx to buy?

I have a aleinware 5700 and im pretty sure u will only be able to upgrade to the go 7800 GS.

Not sure if it will be a gtx, but a 7800 should be in the books one day. I don't hve them yet, though.

so how can I known if a notebook can be upgraded to a geforce go 7800 gtx? it's a kind of stupid... they say it has mxm III so if geforce go 7800 gtx is mxm III....

so how can I known if a notebook can be upgraded to a geforce go 7800 gtx? it's a kind of stupid... they say it has mxm III so if geforce go 7800 gtx is mxm III....

Try it :) Seriously, there's really no way of telling. Theoretically, it should be OK. But if the manufacturers buildl their notebook with zero thermal and power overhead and the 7800 GTX consumes a bit more, you'll loose performance. Trial and error. Time will tell. :)

ok, I'm gonna buy a new notebook with mxm III and I will ask the vendor if I can upgrade the notebook to a geforce go 7800gtx. He will say I can because it has mxm III. If I cannot upgrade it because of the hermal and power overhead I will complain to the autorities to have my money back :)