LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with Oblivion

SepulchraL

ok, so its like this

i start plaing Oblivion and i play, say for an hour, and i go into a door, and it kicks me out of the game.

try to load-kicks me out again

so i restart-nothing

so i reinstall-it works

did it like 5 times

downloaded the newest drivers, installed them(i think) same think, except i play for 1:30 min

I got a GeForce Go 6800

Guest Guest

I was getting some bad glitches and overheating issues until I used the 84.25 drivers. (I was using 84.20 before.)

Do you have any background programs that might interfere with it? For me, it crashes when I alt-tab, so maybe a program is trying to minimize it to get your attention.

I basically have the same setup... 1920x1200 resolution. Oblivion is rock solid.

The only issues comes from the HEAVY requirements of the game. FYI I play in widescreen 1280x800. I use the latest Inspiron 9300 drivers 78.51 since latest bring me stuttering when I play videos.

One thing you might want to try is to downclock you card in 3D mode. Install the drivers with the moded INF or use NVTweak to unlock the overclocking tab. If the game is stable when downclocked you might want to clean the heatsink fan of your video card.

Guest Guest

ok, see im a total noob when it comes to this stuff

so i dont know hod to dowclock, overclock or what to do with the INF stuff so a little help will be appreciated

SepulchraL, make sure you have the following line in your oblivion.ini:

bDoSpecularPass=1

You can't set it to 0. Some doors require that setting to be enabled. Nobody seems to know why. The reinstall probably is resetting it to 1.

ok...i found that "bDo....." stuff and it said one. I chaged it to zero to see what happens

now it kicks me out randomly, and i think i didnt install my drivers or something cause my games are running slow

so i have a question

when go to install the drivers there is a huge list right, but i coudnt find any GeForce GO cards so i just installed a GeForce 6800

i had no problem with the last driver i downloaded(82.sometin)i think i installed it the normal way(from setup)

pls HELP

Im getting frustrated and im | | <--this close from boxing my pc :)

1- Download then unzip 84.25.

2- Download then move in 84.25 directory the modded INF.

3- Run setup.

4- Reboot.

Don't do that, install your own graphics card -> drv_quickstart.gifForceware Updater's Quickstart Guide.

From your own post:

There are 2 ways to install the driver;

Using Setup.exe (if provided): After replacing old INF with Modded INF, just open Setup.exe and hopefully it will install.

Using 'Have Disk' method (recommended): If somehow Setup fails or there is no Setup provided with the driver, you have to use this method to install. You can find very detailed instructions on how to use this method here.

In the case of the 84.25 there is a Setup executable... /me is puzzled.

You can install using either way then but the second way is safer. Like setup files sometimes told to do weird stuff, but thats a very rare case as far as I know.

You can install using either way then but the second way is safer. Like setup files sometimes told to do weird stuff, but thats a very rare case as far as I know.

I must be lucky because of all the drivers beta/official that I installed from nvidia (back to my good old Xentor 32 TNT2 Ultra card) I never ran into setup wierdnesses.

I can't say the same thing from ATI or Creative... :)

Yeah but that was because of modded drivers but probably Pieter later made them compatible with Setup. I'm not much into it so other guys will probably answer more reasonably.

Yeah but that was because of modded drivers but probably Pieter later made them compatible with Setup. I'm not much into it so other guys will probably answer more reasonably.

Hey... this is not an IRC channel you are not supposed to answer that fast. :)

I only needed laptop drivers recently... I broke the pig bank last summer. Previous laptops were corporate machines from my previous companies.

The only issue that I encountered with local modded INF was a VMR being ON that caused stuttering on all my videos files. But your posts pointed a mental finger in my head... so thank you for your posts about VMR.

Near-instant reply notification :)

So you are having troubles with VMR-on? What happens when you disable it? Would be better the discuss the issue in that VMR/Overlay fix topic.

Near-instant reply notification :)

So you are having troubles with VMR-on? What happens when you disable it? Would be better the discuss the issue in that VMR/Overlay fix topic.

Once I narrowed the issue down to the VMR... I played with the setting. turning it off would remove the stuttering so did changing the Output setting of Media Player Classic.

I have a 4 weeks old baby girl to attend... bye

ok...can you guys tell me the best drivers for gaming, or if not, the best driver for go6800,or if there isnt then the best driver for fifa 06

thanks for the help so far

• 2 weeks later...
. If the game is stable when downclocked you might want to clean the heatsink fan of your video card.

What does it mean? i want to clean this but i don't have idea-how??it mean clean the fan space?or thick wire from gpu to fan??

max

Fan blades, tubes, grids, heat sinks, everything. I did it using a Coca Cola straw taped to my vacuum cleaner hose. Or a bottle of pressurized air - but all with care.