LaptopVideo2Go Forums

upgrade for geforce fx go 5200

Guest wardevil32

Assuming yours behaves the same as the Go5200 in the Dell laptops, I recommend driver version 71.44. It's a brand new driver that works well with the Go5200's power management features, which is rare among newer drivers. It works well with all the games and media players I've tried.

You can find it here.

Guest wardevil32

wow thanks so i do not need to use the newest 84.25 driver ? i just use this laptop for gaming so i want to find the driver that very good for gaming

71.44 is better for gaming on the Go5200 than 84.25. (I'm using 71.44 for Oblivion. It's not fast, but it's faster than 84.25.)

Enhancer is an online tool for customizing your inf to solve various problems. If your laptop is working you don't need to use it, but if things don't work, the enhancer is there for you.

Grab an o/c tool like rivatuner.

On my Toshiba M2 (with go5200) I had no luck with enabling coolbits, but was able to overclock quite happily with rivatuner.