LaptopVideo2Go Forums

unreal engine issues

wittigrxn

I have been trying to play Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield on my new laptop (2.0Ghz core duo processor, 2Gig ram, Geforce Go 7800) but the graphics stutter horribly, making moving impossible and there is also noticable mouse lag. I booted up the original Unreal Tourny and noticed a very semilar problem. Both games are made with some version of the unreal engine (don't have any other unreal engine games to try). Any ideas on a solution to this problem?

I have been trying to play Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield on my new laptop (2.0Ghz core duo processor, 2Gig ram, Geforce Go 7800) but the graphics stutter horribly, making moving impossible and there is also noticable mouse lag. I booted up the original Unreal Tourny and noticed a very semilar problem. Both games are made with some version of the unreal engine (don't have any other unreal engine games to try). Any ideas on a solution to this problem?

This might sound strange but . . .

After you boot up the game change your games color setting from 32 bit to 16 bit, see if that makes a difference. I tried that on a machine with a similar problem and it fixed it. Good luck!

-- Alex

P.S. Everytime you want to play the game you are going to have to do this change. If you set it to default 16 bit you will still get the stuttering, not sure how it all works but it does, at least on my friends computer with a similar problem.

Edited by alexandertyler@yahoo.com