LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Probs with SXGA+ Resolution (1400x1050) and GeForce 6600 GO

MultiVision

Hi guys,

i need a driver, which supports SXGA+ (1400x1050) Resolution on a GeForce 6600 GO.

The Notebook i need to run this resolution is a Toshiba Tecra S3 with native XGA-Resolution Display. The resolution should run on the external port, for using with a dataprojector!

Aktually i have the version 79.21 running, but if i will change resolution to user defined 1400x1050, nothing happens! :)

Is there any way, to run such a resolution like quoted ahead?

Thanks folks!

Best regards

MultiVision

Edited by MultiVision

Let me rephase what I understood... you want to use 1400x1050 resolution on your laptop screen which is 1024x768.

BTW 1400x1050 is a standard 4/3 resolution.

Let me rephase what I understood... you want to use 1400x1050 resolution on your laptop screen which is 1024x768.

BTW 1400x1050 is a standard 4/3 resolution.

Ok - my fault!

No, of course not! :) I need a driver supports this resolution! The resolution is needed with the external port with a dataprojector...in SXGA+.

Now i can choose between this resolutions:

800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1440, 2048x1536

So in fact, the GeForce 6600 should show a 1400x1050 Resolution physically, but doesn´t do anything...

Thx for help!

Ok - my fault!

No, of course not! :) I need a driver supports this resolution! The resolution is needed with the external port with a dataprojector...in SXGA+.

Now i can choose between this resolutions:

800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1440, 2048x1536

So in fact, the GeForce 6600 should show a 1400x1050 Resolution physically, but doesn´t do anything...

Thx for help!

You might want to install a driver from this server with its associated modded INF file. driver page

But your issue is more in the domain of the video projector not reporting his resolution to your video card. Or that you plug your projector after windows boot... after the part where your video card ask the external monitor his name, supported resolutions and refresh rates.

But your issue is more in the domain of the video projector not reporting his resolution to your video card. Or that you plug your projector after windows boot... after the part where your video card ask the external monitor his name, supported resolutions and refresh rates.

The projector is able to make higher resolutions, up to 1600x1200. It´s a Toshiba TW300.

In the compatibility table from Toshiba the projector is able to show SXGA+,

with the SXGA+ Tecra S3 (Tecra S3 Edition with native SXGA+ Display) the Nvidia 6600 GO shows a picture in SXGA+ on the TW300. But this f****** machine in XGA will not do... :)

Now i get a projector with native SXGA+ Resolution, but nothing changes - so it´s not a problem with the projector...

That´s really impressing... :) ... but not acceptable!

THX 4 your answers!

Kind regards

Edited by MultiVision

Hate to break your heart mate.. but the TW300 is only an XGA projector, the compatibility list just shows resolutions it can scale down, ie, you can send a 1600x1200 signal and it will scale to 1024x768.

It is a _very_ nice projector... but still only XGA.

Quick edit: Just to clarify, your SXGA+ S3 would be sending a 1400x1050 signal, but the projector would be compressing back to 1024x768. As such, your XGA S3 should actually be projecting a better quality image, as it is never compressed.

Edited by mattman

It is probably also best to send XGA to the projector if this is the max resolution.

Any other resolution not of the exact resolution or aspect ratio will look blury or odd.

Once again tricky marketing, where people are led to believe the product is better than it really is.