LaptopVideo2Go Forums

is this a sign of overheat?

who13

hey all....

a few weeks ago something strange happened that hasnt happened since..

i had my notebook on for many hours and was multitasking (encoding,etc,etc)

well out of nowhere it went to blue screen (standard warning) and i shut it down..

i restarted and on the screen there was white lines going across the screen..it booted up and went to blue screen again...

i let it hang for 10min or so and restarted..no problems it seemed..so i started backing things up just incase onto a cd...

it crashed again...

well i let it sit for a hour or so and did the backups..

after that i shut ut down for the night and tried again in the morning and it never did that again..

i asked my C.support about it and theyt didnt have a answer...just said keep a eye out...i recently had the MB replaced and cpu (died on me a few months back) so its like a brand new lappy..

was that a sign of the vid card overheating?? i do have those hot/heavy alienware 7700 notebooks..

i recently purchased a targus notebook cooler just incase...plus i have my unit raised by- a irak one of those slingshot looking thigs-.. :)

thanx all

just curious...

Yes, it could be overheating.

Could also be a bad assembly kob when replacing your MoBo... Badly screwed heatinks, badly applied thermal compound,...

Let some temperature monitoring app run in the background, just in case.

thanx for the reply..the funny thing is the company that assembled my unit checked in with me everyday to let me know what was up so im hoping they did a good job cause when they found something was weird they would do more and more checks to make sure it was all good...

whats a good temp app???

i have no idea..

thanx again