LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unable to OC 6800Go on Amilo 3438

Azzkickr

I can't OC my Amilo's 6800Go. I installed 84.12 driver set, with modified INF and applied CoolBits. When I try to OC it, it just keeps resetting to default frequencies.

I did a search and found the 6800 Ultra is locked in BIOS for overlocking, didn't know it was the same for a regular 6800Go ?

6800go is certainly not locked, plenty of others here o/c theirs.

I beleive there is a vbios flash out for your notebook/gpu which makes some pretty hefty improvements, but i will let one of the 3438 owners run you through that.

Guest Guest
6800go is certainly not locked, plenty of others here o/c theirs.

I beleive there is a vbios flash out for your notebook/gpu which makes some pretty hefty improvements, but i will let one of the 3438 owners run you through that.

That's just it. I flashed that notorious 39.60 BIOS and that's what's preventing me from overclocking !!

Sorry for the above ^reply, it was me and I forgot to login. Anyway, I use a workaround now with NiBitor and adjusting the frequencies in the BIOS.

But let this be warning for all other 3438 users: I am probably one of the first but not last users with a locked 6800Go in their 3438 !!!!

Be careful with NiBitor. It is safer and easier to change clock speeds within Control Panel, but you'll have to use 39.60 rom for that.

The other day I've tried to lower the 3D voltage from 1.14v to 1.09v in order to decrease GPU temp, but windows would freeze upon booting!!! I had to boot in VGA mode and then reflash with old rom. I was so lucky and will never mess with NiBitor again. :)

But let this be warning for all other 3438 users: I am probably one of the first but not last users with a locked 6800Go in their 3438 !!!!

I think this is the first time I see this to happen; so far just the original Fujitsu Nvidia drivers have been locked (72.50 at least on my 4438).

Guest Guest
I think this is the first time I see this to happen; so far just the original Fujitsu Nvidia drivers have been locked (72.50 at least on my 4438).

Indeed. When I flashed to BIOS 39.60 overclocking via normal (aka coolbits) ways wasn't possible anymore. But I'm happy Nibitor does the trick !

Indeed. When I flashed to BIOS 39.60 overclocking via normal (aka coolbits) ways wasn't possible anymore.

No problems here with 39.60/coolbits!

I've also found it difficult to O/C with my Amilo 3438, I seem to be able to o/c it in tiny steps, if I try o/c'ing it to like 350/650 and I run that little 'test' thing it resets it back to the standard.

I can do it in little steps of +10 or +5 each time then test it, then repeat, and can get it up a little bit, but it's very annoying. At the moment I've just set it on automatic overclocking and hopefully that goes okay.

Anyone experience the same thing?

I've also found it difficult to O/C with my Amilo 3438, I seem to be able to o/c it in tiny steps, if I try o/c'ing it to like 350/650 and I run that little 'test' thing it resets it back to the standard.

I can do it in little steps of +10 or +5 each time then test it, then repeat, and can get it up a little bit, but it's very annoying. At the moment I've just set it on automatic overclocking and hopefully that goes okay.

Anyone experience the same thing?

Using RivaTuner you can disable the test - ok you have to "run" it but it doesn't actually test and throw you back where you began. And of course if your settings are too high, it doesn't warn.

But what exactly is the reason it goes back to the original settings? I'm no overclocking guru and to be honest the way it goes back like that makes me feel a bit hesitant about the whole thing. Doesn't it mean that after the test it decides that it's too hot or something?