LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Video Overlay problems

thefall

I have searched the web and you guys seem to be my last and best hope! Great Website!

MY SPECS:

LAPTOP, HP DV8000T, T2600, Intel Duo T2600, 2.16, 2 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce Go 7400

THE PROBLEM:

My video will not overlay properly with my Avid Xpress Pro HD video editing software.(www.avid.com)

THE FACTS:

Avid has a list of compatible graphics cards:

NVidia QuadroFX 1400 PCI Express

NVidia QuadroFX 1300 PCI Express

Nvidia QuadroFX 1100 AGP 8X

NVidia QuadroFX 500 AGP 8X

NVidia Quadro4 980 XGL AGP 8X

When you do not have a compatible card(which I do not), they recommend using the Nvidia drivers 77.18, 77.77, 84.12. With your awesome website I was able to install these drivers, but to no avail. I ended up with a black screen, cyclical rebooting, or loaded the driver but did not fix the overlay.

I have attached my inf file.

If you want more background on this problem, please see the following posts: (http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/79145/ShowPost.aspx)

$50,000 QUESTION

What in the world is going on that an older driver can redirect this video overlay on a older card, but a newer driver can't on a new card?

LAST THOUGHTS:

If you can fix this problem, not only would I bow down before you and call you the driver-god but you would be helping at least a hundred other people with the same problem.

If you need more info, specs, etc...please let me know.

Thanks,

thefall

NVBL.INF

Try enabling or disabling VMR on the overlay page. If that doesn't work, try sn0wl's excellent overlay repair tweak, which can be found in the FAQ section.

$50,000 QUESTION

What in the world is going on that an older driver can redirect this video overlay on a older card, but a newer driver can't on a new card?

LAST THOUGHTS:

If you can fix this problem, not only would I bow down before you and call you the driver-god but you would be helping at least a hundred other people with the same problem.

For a start... I point my finger in the VMR (Video Mixer Renderer) direction to be the origin of your problems. :) Try switching it off in your video card properties with latest drivers from here that allows your system to boot correctly. FYI VMR allows to accelerate video processing with the GPU on multiple video streams.

Avid TESTED the cards for professional workstations... but it will almost work as smoothly with a non pro graded card.

I am back in business thanks to you guys!

The inf alteration and reinstall driver did not work.

However, the enhanced inf file with the 84.25 driver did the trick!!!!

Sn0wl faq's to the rescue!!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

This forum rocks!!!! (many bows of gratitude!!!)

Where is my $50,000? :)