LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba 5205-S703 Blue screens and custom settings wont work?

scott.g

How do I get custom settings to work? I need 1680X1050

I have a Toshiba 5205-s703

Geforce4 460 Go

The reason for the unusual resolution, is becuae I just purchased a new DELL 20" wide screen and this is the required RES? Weird I know.

I am presently using 1600 X 1024 and its not quite right...!

I have now downloaded 20 or so drivers and tried them with various versions of the .inf .....

Conclusion...

I cant install any driver higher than 75.90

I iether get,

1. A blue screen "physical Memory dump" versions 76.?? through 80.??

or

2. On restart after the install, windows wont start normally and offers me to go into safe mode, which I do, to uninstall the driver. version 83.?? through 84.??

I cant place the version 31.4 inf whiuch resolves the customs setting problem, into an installer that does not install nvapi.dll and numccs.dll. I did try putting a 31.4?inf into the 75.90 driver install, then I copied the two dll's into the install, but this did not make any difference, I just get the "physical Memory dump"

What to do now ????

Your help is appreciated, I hope my feed back is usefull. :)

Edited by scott.g

Wait... this is on a 5205? A bit of an odd resolution if you ask me since they all have 1600x1200 displays.

That resolution (16:10) must look terrible on your screen (4:3)

Why that odd resolution ?, you may as well go for 1600x1000 which is supported by the modded INF.

Speaking of which, don't know why your machine won't install drivers wonder if this is a BIOS issue ?

Speaking of which, don't know why your machine won't install drivers wonder if this is a BIOS issue ?

Toshiba BIOSes are a bit restrictive... For example even with the Coolbits tweak I still can't turn on overclocking. I'm sure they turned off some other things too.

The reason for the unusual resolution, is becuae I just purchased a new DELL 20" wide screen and this is the required RES? Weird I know.

I am presently using 1600 X 1024 and its not quite right...!

I would be greatfull for some help.

Edited by scott.g

I am presently using 1680 X 1050 and its not quite right...!

I would be greatfull for some help.

You must have read something wrong... All the current Dell 20" widescreen monitors 2005 and its replacement the 2007 are BOTH 1680x1050.

Dell 2005FPW

Dell 2007FPW

You should have talked about the external screen in the first place. There is a saying in France that says: "Tell me what you need, I'll explain why you wont need it." M. Coluche

Yep you are right..! I need new galsses. I knew what I meant, it just came out wrong. ( I will edit my original request)

Oh well..

Needless to say, I still need to achive this res. 1680 X1050, the one I am using aint right. (1600X1024)

Any ideas.

Edited by scott.g

I'm using the 84.25 drivers with the modded INF in 1920x1200. I can go 1920x1080, 1680x1050 and so on.

So install the drivers and switch to the screen native resolution.

If you see my original post,

I cant install anyhting over version 75.9

No matter what I try I cant install drivers in the 80s

Thanks

Depending on what you do with your laptop 80.x serie won't bring you anything important. I only upgraded to 84.25 to get some extra FPS in Oblivion.

• 1 month later...
If you see my original post,

I cant install anyhting over version 75.9

No matter what I try I cant install drivers in the 80s

Thanks

Hi,

I have the same laptop (europen version) and I would like to buy the same external LCD monitor. Did you solved the problem?

Lorenzo