LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Samsung X30 5200 Go - Please help! BSOD!

Guest nfoo

Hi!

I've been search for new drivers a long time and luckily found your site! It's great!

I have a Samsung X30 Laptop.

Pentium M 1,5 Ghz, 1,5 GB RAM and a Geforce Go 5200 32/64 MB.

The latest drivers Samsung offers is 61.41. So much for support for a 2000? Laptop. Thank you, Samsung!

I downloaded the latest drivers from this page, followed your instruction exactly and the driver itself installed without a problem. But when I reboot Windows XP after that it crashes with a "bluescreen of death". I can't see it very well because the laptops restarts immediatley, so I can't read what it says. But I think it doesn't matter anyway?

I tried Omega Drivers and stuff like that, too. But same thing!

Does anybody know what could cause the problem? Maybe somebody would be interessted to compare the drivers and figure out what the prbolem is. Maybe it's a setting in the INF file?

Thanks for any help in advantage!

Hi, again...

I did some more research and tried some more drivers out and found out that version 72.14 is working.

But it's still interessting that newer drivers cause a BSOD at start up.