GO 6600

Jet

Acer TravelMate 4652LMi

1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB

15.0'' SXGA+ TFT LCD

GeForce Go 6600/64 VRAM

512MB DDR2

Windows XP PRO SP2

When I try to play game on it, my pc will after some time restart. Time of playing before restart is different, I also tried drivers 84.21 with modifed inf but it didn't. SO ASK FOR YOUR HELP. THANK YOU

:) :) :P :( :( :P :)

Throw us a freaking bone... which game makes your machine crash?

Every game I tried GTA:SA, KOTOR2, The Matrix: Path of Neo, Warhammer, Hitman-Cont., UT2004, Rome Total War,.....

Could it be an overheating issue? I know that whenever my brother's old Sony overheated it would kill itself and reboot for no apparent reason. The games might just might push your system to the point where it overheats.

Have you overclocked or anything?

No I did not overcloack it, and I already had it in servis, They told me that it is not hardware problem and I have it about 3 month so it is practi. new

If you are using the modded INF you have access to the overclocking menu. (clock frequency settings)

Try to downclock the 3D mode by 25%... play the games and check if they crash.

Reason: You don't need to overclock a video card to reach overheating instability.

It seems that it works :) Thank you

Edit: One stupid question- will be the grafic now slower- can I solve it somehow????

Do you notice it is slower?

A 15%-25% decrease shouldn't be much, would you rather have a stable system or an overheating one?

You can underclock it a bit less to find a good spot that doesn't overheat if you want to test it a bit more, although you probably won't get much extra speed.

It seems that it works :) Thank you

Edit: One stupid question- will be the grafic now slower- can I solve it somehow????

OK now that you found out that your graphic system is overheating try to find the limit. 25% was a lot... so you lose a LOT of frames per second. Downclock 10 or 5 % and check if your machine is still stable.

The cause of the overheating is an improper design or manufacturing of the graphic card cooling. May be with the proper description of the issues and the workaround you can return your laptop under warranty.