LaptopVideo2Go Forums

newbie looking for driver to better my ut 2004 gameplay

Arturo84

Am new here and like everyone here i arrived to this site to better my laptops performance

i have a toshiba qosmio g25 513 with a geforce go 6600 128 mb

recently bought ut 2004 and while playing i see that at times the game stutters and my laptop seems to go completely over the minimums to run the game and still this happens so any help and driver suggestions would be great thx to everyone who helps

no ideas anyone? mods users? appreciate any feedback

also dont pay attention to my dev number i didnt put the right one

Edited by Arturo84

You should be more specific. Like which drivers did you try? Does that happen with old drivers as well? Did you try turning VMR off? Does FPS drop happen after a while? Did you check temperature for overheating?

i havent tried any drivers and the comp isnt overheated and how do i do the vmr thing also to explain better, first the games voices during the introduction of games and campaign stutters and during gameplay it seems for example i would be playing normally then the games fps drop to a still then start and i would be ahead of where i was originally as if teleporting tell me if a need to explain better

What speed is your HD? On which resolution do you play ?

I can run UT2004 quite good on my Go5350 which is a quite qeak card

try defragmenting your HD,...

also you should try the 84.21 or 84.25 driver

What speed is your HD? On which resolution do you play ?

I can run UT2004 quite good on my Go5350 which is a quite qeak card

try defragmenting your HD,...

also you should try the 84.21 or 84.25 driver

Unreal Tournament 2004 during gameplay on a 1Gb machine should't stress the hard disk too much. Unless you launch a defrag, a virus scan or if your PC as a lot of spywares and viruses fighting each other in the background.

After checking the specs of the laptop: it uses a widescreen 17" 1440 x 900 pixels. This resolution should not bring the video card to its knees with UT2004. I played heavy online UT2004 games with my old computer. (Athlon 2500+ 1Gb Geforce 4 Ti4600)

I would point in both thermal throttling (CPU or GPU) and background program that mess everything up.