LaptopVideo2Go Forums

anybody know what this is?

who13

hey all

something funky just started happening...

on my alienware 7700 notebook there are 3 led lights under the display..1 is for the hardrive or something which is always green when on..the 2nd (middle) is to show the battery is charging which is orange when charging and green when full or not on at all when unplugged and the 3rd led is green indicating wirelesss is on....

well my notebok is showing %100 charged and yet the led light is still organge and not changing to green...

is this something to worry about??

im concerned...

thanx all

Try fully discharging, plug out the battery, plug in again and recharge.

ill try that..i did fully discharge it today to see but i didnt pull out the battery so ill try that now and see.i am at %100 percent according to the toolbar..

it started last night.it was green and then changed to orange for no reason while plugged in..than it changed back to green and worked fine all night long..now today it it wont go green at all....

im hoping its not a motherboard circuit issue....

ill post again to see what happens...

well i did what you mentioned and srill the light wont change...

it looks like i might have to send this in cause if its a mb issue i dont want it to burn up...

it could maybe be a battery issue but ill have to see...

######....

UPDATE...

well i woke up this mrning (i had it completly unplugged and off) i started it up and it was still orange....

then i shut it off completly again and went to do things...

came back a few hours later and plugged it in and tried and finally it went back to green...and in the toolbar it says "on ac power" and before when it was orange and fully charged it would say %100

weird...very weird...

Smells like it the proper time for live animal sacrifice... I think at least chicken or goat. :)